TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Front S Sport Seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front S Sport Seats

Hey folks....am in the process of ordering for November delivery. I'm totally happy with Alcantara seat surfaces, that's what I have now. My local dealer has a TT Coupe with the S sport seat upgrade, so I've sat in the Sport seats.....but they don't have a car with the standard seats. My question.....are the standard seats identical to the sport seats, but just with a different surface treatment....ie, Alcantara switches to cross stitched leather in U.S.? Otherwise, the shape of the seat is the same?
Old 08-18-2015, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

All current "production" TT inventory on lots (at least in New England) have S Sport seats. So the only differentiation is Alcantara/leather vs. diamond stitched fine Nappa leather.

No standard Sport seat TT's at present (and only in black leather/alcantara per US configurator).

As you may know, S Sport seats have adjustable thigh support and thicker side bolsters.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by i3adSaab
Hey folks....am in the process of ordering for November delivery. I'm totally happy with Alcantara seat surfaces, that's what I have now. My local dealer has a TT Coupe with the S sport seat upgrade, so I've sat in the Sport seats.....but they don't have a car with the standard seats. My question.....are the standard seats identical to the sport seats, but just with a different surface treatment....ie, Alcantara switches to cross stitched leather in U.S.? Otherwise, the shape of the seat is the same?
They are a physically different seat design, the Audi USA configurator does a decent job of showing the difference.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
As you may know, S Sport seats have adjustable thigh support and thicker side bolsters.
thanks, that's exactly the info I was looking for.....
Old 08-19-2015, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Between the friction of the Alcantara and the firm adjustability of the pneumatic side bolsters you'll be well held in place 'round the twisties. There's a reason all the current factory-spec'd stock on the lots have S Sport seats.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
Between the friction of the Alcantara and the firm adjustability of the pneumatic side bolsters you'll be well held in place 'round the twisties. There's a reason all the current factory-spec'd stock on the lots have S Sport seats.
Yes, but that is only TTS. TT gets the seats with fine Napa leather and no pneumatic side bolsters.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Interesting. One would think that "S Sport" would be a common configuration and thus naming convention.

Regardless, get the better seats as your ergonomics will be availed every drive.

Originally Posted by adg44
Yes, but that is only TTS. TT gets the seats with fine Napa leather and no pneumatic side bolsters.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

The question, is it really worth $1000. The car isn't cheap and my wife is already beating me up because her Volvo is twice the size for similar price (doesn't get it). Certain things I'm ordering I can justify:
19" rims....looks like crap with 18"
tech package......good safety stuff like rear camera and sensors, plus full use of MMI
B&O....I always order the best stereo, gotta have good tunes....

but the seats?....I'm not out racing around, just want a cool car that's fun to drive. I have to assume the standard seats are pretty decent, are adjustable bolsters on the side worth $1000?.....probably not for me.....but sure wish I could see the standard seats in person.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I had the similar self-argument regarding the B&O. I had the standard Audi Concert in my A5 and thought it was quite good, but the B&O now in my allroad. My rationale this time is not taking a step back down with a TTS.

I had the Sport seats in my A5 and now standard (non-sport) seats in the allroad. Still high quality. And again note the TT has Sport as a minimum option so still a notch above. I likely would have gone the same route if not included.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

No question, you want the S Sport seats!

Last edited by Can_Quattro; 08-19-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Front S Sport Seats