TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

My First TT

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 02:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First TT

Good morning everyone,
From February are the owner of a beautiful TT Ultra Sline.
It 's my first Audi, my first TT.
I previously owned some VW Golf.
I am absolutely happy with my car for the right balance between power and very low power consumption.

2016 - Audi TT Coupè Ultra Tdi Sline

Old 12-26-2016, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I love the blank license plate! The Eurozone lets you do so much.
Just Kidding

In any case, I agree that it is a great blend of power and comfort in a stylish package.
Bob
Old 12-27-2016, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! My first Audi doesn't arrive until end of March. :-)
Old 12-27-2016, 10:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Great! ... What color and what engine you bought?
Old 12-28-2016, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MrRaff71
Great! ... What color and what engine you bought?
I am awaiting a scuba blue roadster. the TTRS is not available in roadster form in the US until 2018 model year, so I decided to go with the standard.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by grey67
I am awaiting a scuba blue roadster. the TTRS is not available in roadster form in the US until 2018 model year, so I decided to go with the standard.
Did you hear that from a dealer? So far, all indications have been that Audi USA has not committed, or has decided not to import the TT RS roadster.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Balthazar-B
Did you hear that from a dealer? So far, all indications have been that Audi USA has not committed, or has decided not to import the TT RS roadster.
Sorry to raise hopes - I had seen that in an auto rag and assumed that it was the case. Your post actually makes much more sense. My dealer kept telling me throughout the purchase process that the TT was such a low volume car that they really didn't go out of their way to try to sell it. Seemed to me that that was a self-defeating type of approach, but then again it's basically competing in an upscale segment of the Miata, and that's always been relatively low volume as well. I was looking at the Fiat Spyder before deciding on the TT/2-series comparison and so much of the research I did indicated that the market for those cars was so small they really thought one or the other would be pulled from the market in a few years.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by grey67
Sorry to raise hopes - I had seen that in an auto rag and assumed that it was the case. Your post actually makes much more sense. My dealer kept telling me throughout the purchase process that the TT was such a low volume car that they really didn't go out of their way to try to sell it. Seemed to me that that was a self-defeating type of approach, but then again it's basically competing in an upscale segment of the Miata, and that's always been relatively low volume as well. I was looking at the Fiat Spyder before deciding on the TT/2-series comparison and so much of the research I did indicated that the market for those cars was so small they really thought one or the other would be pulled from the market in a few years.
Funny, I was talking with an Audi salesman -- nice guy, actually -- about how Audi seems to have done no real marketing of the TT series for years, concentrating instead on the A4, S5, and their R8 halo car, when it has a whole niche to itself, frankly.

I'm unusual in that I want my next car, and every car thereafter, to be a fun, comfortable, awesome-handling roadster with reasonable technology and value that would be my daily driver. So among the vehicles on my short list are what most people would consider really different vehicles: an MX-5 Club, a TT -- though I'd strongly prefer an RS -- and a CPO C7 Z51 or Grand Sport.

They all fit *my* set of criteria, and to various extents. The Audi wins on tech and comfort, the Mazda on fun and value, and the Corvette on handling and power...so you see how an RS roadster (powertrain and suspension) would make Audi a much stronger contender across the board, outside of value.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Have you ever considered the Mercedes SLC, it is' very interesting car.
The Mercedes SLK is one of the few convertibles on the market today to offer the metal folding roof solution.
The major innovations of the Mercedes SLC concern the mechanics.
There are four petrol engines and one diesel, the new 9-speed automatic transmission, called 9G-Tronic.
The list of options is enriched with numerous technologies for the help and assistance at the helm, really a great car.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MrRaff71
Have you ever considered the Mercedes SLC, it is' very interesting car.
The Mercedes SLK is one of the few convertibles on the market today to offer the metal folding roof solution.
The major innovations of the Mercedes SLC concern the mechanics.
There are four petrol engines and one diesel, the new 9-speed automatic transmission, called 9G-Tronic.
The list of options is enriched with numerous technologies for the help and assistance at the helm, really a great car.
Don't want to take this thread -- focused on the TT series -- off track any further, but just a quick reply. The AMG version of the SLC is interesting, but for two things:
  • Mercedes technology and UX has always been a step or two behind its competition, especially for such an expensive car. While it supports CarPlay (as an extra cost option), the fact that it doesn't support Android Auto pretty much disqualifies it (for me).
  • Secondly, Mercedes maintenance is almost Porsche-like in cost. I've lived with other money pits. No more.
Thanks for the suggestion, though. They're nice driving machines (even though, as the joke goes, Corvettes are for old farts trying to regain their youths, while Mercedes are for their long suffering wives)

Last edited by Balthazar-B; 12-30-2016 at 10:10 AM.

Quick Reply: My First TT