TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

My New TTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New TTS

I'm late posting this, but I picked up a new Yellow TTS from Audi State College two weeks ago.

I'm at 1500 miles already, and am extremely pleased with the improvements in reducing low end turbo lag over the Mk2 TTS.

I've already got VMR 18" wheels with snows mounted and ready to install in a few weeks.

I've also fitted 7mm spacers on the factory 20" wheels, and they work without rubbing.

1 pic attached from the dealership, and will try to post a few with the 18" snows once I mount them.
Attached Images  
Old 11-06-2015, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! Which spacers are you using?
Old 11-06-2015, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by visuar
Congrats! Which spacers are you using?
They came from ECS. Just be aware that you can (and I did) get a vibration from them. I really just temporarily put them on to see if I could get different offset wheels without rubbing.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Congratulations! I love Yellow. I wish my S5 can be had with Yellow paint.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Absolutely love the yellow TTS. Congratulations. Would love to see more pics! Same motor as the S3, correct? Do you know if the tranny is the same?
Old 11-22-2015, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by S3PANG
Absolutely love the yellow TTS. Congratulations. Would love to see more pics! Same motor as the S3, correct? Do you know if the tranny is the same?
It is the same.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Newbie - Greetings All!

Hello,
I am brand spanking new to this forum. I tried to read as many posts as I could so as not to bring up a previously concluded topic; forgive me if I missed it please.

I am a possible newcomer to the Audi family. I have been looking at cars for a long time (since last spring) and (think) I have found the winner in a '16 TTS to purchase. I love everything about it (except no manual option) that I can ascertain from reading and researching; but alas have not test driven one or even seen one in person. The Dallas, TX area dealers each should be getting 1 or 2 in soon.

I noticed on another thread that there is no seat memory (not a huge deal as I am the only driver); yet, someone thought that there was a 2 seat memory, it was just tied to key fobs 1 and 2. That thread never confirmed if this was true - can anyone provide the answer? I know I can find out (maybe) from the dealer; although in my past experience I usually know more about their product than they do. Not a big deal as I have stated; it just seems weird as every car I have had ('cept for my '74 Camaro) had that feature LOL! In addition, I have heard that there is no side extension to the vanity visor, so sun coming in the side windows could be troublesome - now this IS a big deal for me. TX sun glare can be brutal. I have seen after market sun extenders, so I guess that is a solution. Any comments on that feature or lack of a feature? Anyone have a great fix/solution?

Mainly I want a great performing vehicle that is reliable if treated and maintained. Any past experience with earlier TT's in this regard?

I look forward to driving and hopefully purchasing one of these pups soon!

Thanks All!

Bolter
Old 11-28-2015, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

The sun visor swivels to the side, not sure how much that helps tho.

I've still not gotten positive confirmation there's seat memory, that user never posted back. I doubt it has it tho.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you Visuar, I was wondering once the visor swivels, does it have an extension to make it longer?
Old 11-29-2015, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

No extension

Quick Reply: My New TTS