TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Navigation Fails with Address Book Entries

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to Audi's compatibility chart it should work ;-)

Old 01-07-2016, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by kmsga66
Savannah address fails too. It only gets the state correct.

If it's truly using Google this should work just like it does anywhere else with google maps.

How do you submit trouble tickets with Audi so they can fix this garbage?
It doesn't use Google. Google is only used for the Google Earth images over the map and for online searches. Everything else goes against the map data stored on the MMI. Looks like something is broken badly in the latest MMI in the TT. This stuff other than the limitations I mentioned above works fine in the older MMI in my RS5 with my current iPhone 6S and my previous Windows Phone. Funny thing is that according to the Audi compatibility chart it's not supposed to work with my car, so go figure. In order to get this resolved, you'll have to schedule a visit to the dealer and show them what's going on, but unless Audi is already aware of this issue and is working on a firmware fix, be prepared to live with this issue for a while.

EDIT: In the meantime you can use the MMI Connect app and use it to send contacts to the car as an online destination and then pull it up through the myAudi online destinations.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Yes, the MyAudi https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi
works quite well. Unfortunately the old Google Map direct transmission to vehicle is no longer supported (Google issue) but the manual entry of address in MyAudi and then automatic transmission to the vehicle works great. Just used one of my online destinations today as a matter of fact and all voice control, both the pre-call (iPhone 6S Bluetooth pairing) and the subsequent navigation (again, pre-transmitted online destination).
This is my 3rd Audi with Bluetooth tel and online Nav and it's worked quite well for me. I most often just use the direct voice entry of an address for Nav and being able to voice it all in a natural syntax has really improved in the past five years.

Ref: see "MyApps" for mobile device and "My Destinations" from Mac/PC.

Originally Posted by superswiss
I...
EDIT: In the meantime you can use the MMI Connect app and use it to send contacts to the car as an online destination and then pull it up through the myAudi online destinations.
Attached Thumbnails Navigation Fails with Address Book Entries-screen-shot-2016-01-07-2.50.21-pm.png  
Attached Images   

Last edited by Huey52; 01-07-2016 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Huey52
Unfortunately the old Google Map direct transmission to vehicle is no longer supported (Google issue)...
Say what? That's not true at all. I use this regularly and works fine. You just have to setup your car account properly with the new Google Maps under https://www.google.com/maps/sendtocar

They renamed the option on the UI, it's called Send to your Phone and when you click on it, it lists all your devices and Car. Here's what mine looks like:

Name:  xy38SQZ.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  20.8 KB
Old 01-07-2016, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

OK, thanks. It didn't work for a period but they must have reactivated. Used to be able to simply right-click on a map (Mac/PC) and there was an option to direct send from there. I still don't see it (but don't what to steal this thread). My account is properly set up (just re-verified).

edit: Now I see the new format. But alas just tried direct from map to "car" and it says it can't communicate with my manufacturer and to contact them. It's said that for some time now, so.....

Say what? That's not true at all. I use this regularly and works fine. You just have to setup your car account properly with the new Google Maps under https://www.google.com/maps/sendtocar

They renamed the option on the UI, it's called Send to your Phone and when you click on it, it lists all your devices and Car. Here's what mine looks like:

Attached Thumbnails Navigation Fails with Address Book Entries-screen-shot-2016-01-07-2.56.52-pm.png  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Huey52; 01-07-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Huey52
OK, thanks. It didn't work for a period but they must have reactivated. Used to be able to simply right-click on a map (Mac/PC) and there was an option to direct send from there. I still don't see it (but don't what to steal this thread). My account is properly set up (just re-verified).

edit: Now I see the new format. But alas just tried direct from map to "car" and it says it can't communicate with my manufacturer and to contact them. It's said that for some time now, so.....
Yes, this stuff was completely revamped. There was a time where the new Google Maps didn't have the Send To capabilities and one had to go back to Google Maps Classic. I don't remember when they finally ported the functionality over. You have to login to myAudi and configure the Google Maps account name you wanna use and then go over to Google Maps and configure the Send To using the same account name.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default A

Will do, thanks again.

Yes, this stuff was completely revamped. There was a time where the new Google Maps didn't have the Send To capabilities and one had to go back to Google Maps Classic. I don't remember when they finally ported the functionality over. You have to login to myAudi and configure the Google Maps account name you wanna use and then go over to Google Maps and configure the Send To using the same account name.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Superswiss, Is it required to have an Audi Connect acct from Audi to use Google map Send to Car? My T-Mobile prepaid acct expired and I now use a US Mobile sim which uses the T-Mobile 3G network.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Superswiss, Is it required to have an Audi Connect acct from Audi to use Google map Send to Car? My T-Mobile prepaid acct expired and I now use a US Mobile sim which uses the T-Mobile 3G network.
I actually don't know. I'm curious myself, because my T-Mobile account is still active, however I'm using an unofficial AT&T subscription now. As you probably remember it's a SIM from a tablet and not an official AT&T Audi Connect subscription. My T-Mobile account expires this summer. I'm very curious if my myAudi account will stop working when that happens. I doubt it, but you'll never know. I created my myAudi account a long time ago and I don't remember what it took to get it created. But now it seems that it asks for the VIN and SIM card number. Not sure if it accepts anything other than an AT&T or T-Mobile SIM. You'll know if you try. Once you have the account the pairing between the MMI and the myAudi account is done using a PIN. I think as long as the car has a data connection it will all work. The question is if you don't already have an active myAudi account, can you create one w/o an active T-Mobile or AT&T subscription through Audi.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

I've had a myAudi account for over three years but haven't used it for Audi connect stuff in quite awhile. In the website I see my acct ID for Google and some destinations I created back when. I just created a new destination using myAudi and Google map Send to Car. I'll check tomorrow to see if either of them made it to the car and report back. (Too cold out to see tonite).

Quick Reply: Navigation Fails with Address Book Entries