TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Navigation Fails with Address Book Entries

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I've had a myAudi account for over three years but haven't used it for Audi connect stuff in quite awhile. In the website I see my acct ID for Google and some destinations I created back when. I just created a new destination using myAudi and Google map Send to Car. I'll check tomorrow to see if either of them made it to the car and report back. (Too cold out to see tonite).
If you've had it for over three years, then that would be an old account on their old discontinued site. The current site went life around April 2014. For this all to work, you need to setup a new account on the current site, or did they finally migrate all the old accounts to the new site?
Old 01-07-2016, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

This is the site where my acct is located. I think it's the new site - I don't remember if I re-enrolled back when it was created or they transferred it over.

https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi
Old 01-08-2016, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

This is the site where my acct is located. I think it's the new site - I don't remember if I re-enrolled back when it was created or they transferred it over.

https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi
That is at least the front door of the current site. There used to be a link for those who created the account prior to April 2014. No idea what really happened with those old accounts. I signed up on the new site in April 2014, set everything up on the new site and deleted my account on the old site and haven't really paid attention to the old site since then. So the question is where does it take you once you login. Does the MMI Connect App work with your account? The app doesn't work with the old site, so that would be an indication of whether you are truly on the new site or not.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, that's the portal to the new site and I can sign in and access the options. I also can view my account and car info on the MMI connect app. In the app setting under MMI connection, it says "MMI connection activated" which is checked, "wifi on telephone" is checked however it also says "No connection to vehicle possible" and shows an "x".
I checked the test destinations made yesterday I sent via myaudi and Google map - they did not appear.

I wonder if the old pin is still in the MMI but I can't see where to check that or enter the pin from the new site. I reset telephone prefs to default but it still does not ask for a pin when I select the imported destinations. It just shows me several old destinations I made on the old website or from Google map. Any ideas?

If the pin is not the issue, it is probably because i no longer have an Audi connect/T-mobile plan.

Last edited by snagitseven; 01-08-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

The vehicle ACC, or engine, must be on for the onboard WiFi to work.

I'm still having problems with Google Map destinations being sent to my TTS. However the manual entry via MyAudi works AOK (partial entry form shown).

Yes, that's the portal to the new site and I can sign in and access the options. I also can view my account and car info on the MMI connect app. In the app setting under MMI connection, it says "MMI connection activated" which is checked, "wifi on telephone" is checked however it also says "No connection to vehicle possible" and shows an "x".
I checked the test destinations made yesterday I sent via myaudi and Google map - they did not appear.

I wonder if the old pin is still in the MMI but I can't see where to check that or enter the pin from the new site. I reset telephone prefs to default but it still does not ask for a pin when I select the imported destinations. It just shows me several old destinations I made on the old website or from Google map. Any ideas?

If the pin is not the issue, it is probably because i no longer have an Audi connect/T-mobile plan.
Attached Images   
Old 01-08-2016, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, your MMI is still using the old PIN. That was actually the tricky part when I switched to the new site. I tried several things to get a prompt. According to Audi, the PIN is stored with your Bluetooth profile, so they told me to unpair/delete my phone pairing and then do a new pairing and then it should ask me for the PIN again. However, that didn't work for me. I ended up doing a factory reset of Directory, Telephone and Bluetooth module, paired my phone again and then it asked me for the PIN where I could enter the new PIN and all was good. I did lose some stored contacts, my favorites etc, but they were easily recreated. I assume the destinations you sent from Google maps do show up in the MMI Connect app and the myAudi site, otherwise you'll also have a configuration issue with the send to car feature.

"No connection to vehicle possible" and shows an "x": This is expected. It only goes green if you connect your phone to the car's wifi. I don't have mine connected. If you connect to the car's wifi, then the MMI Connect app is supposed to automatically remember where you parked your car and if you own multiple cars it will automatically select the correct vehicle in the app. Since I haven't reached an age yet when I can't remember where I parked my car and I only have one Audi, I don't use that aspect of the app at all and I don't want my phone to be stuck with the slower 3G connection while I'm in the car, so I don't use the Wifi hotspot.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks swiss. I did a reset of the telephone but it apparently wasn't enough. I'll try what you suggest. Why oh why did Audi have to make this so damned complicated when they updated the website?
Old 01-08-2016, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Huey52
The vehicle ACC, or engine, must be on for the onboard WiFi to work.

I'm still having problems with Google Map destinations being sent to my TTS. However the manual entry via MyAudi works AOK (partial entry form shown).
On the myAudi site, go to the Google Maps configuration (see attachment) and check the Account ID. You can change this to anything you want as long as the same Account ID isn't taken by somebody else. Then go to the sendtocar configuration in Goolge Maps (the link I posted earlier) and add your car using the Account ID you configured here. That should establish the proper link between your Google Maps account and your myAudi account.
Attached Images  

Last edited by superswiss; 01-08-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by superswiss
On the myAudi site, go to the Google Maps configuration (see attachment) and check the Account ID. You can change this to anything you want as long as the same Account ID isn't taken by somebody else. Then go to the sendtocar configuration in Goolge Maps (the link I posted earlier) and add your car using the Account ID you configured here. That should establish the proper link between your Google Maps account and your myAudi account.
I made sure of that before I tried the Google map send to car. Isn't the pin related to the Google map destination as well since my test destination did not appear?
Old 01-08-2016, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I used my Google account name on both and no good. Will try something else.

And yes, the MyAudi site is more cumbersome than it needs to be.

Originally Posted by superswiss

Quick Reply: Navigation Fails with Address Book Entries