TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Qs for US Roadster Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 04:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Qs for US Roadster Owners

Hello,

I have a couple questions for MK3 Roadster owners:

1) Has anyone a way for opening/closing the top with the remote?

2) If you carry your owner's manual case, where do you store it?

3) Has anyone installed a proximity sensor/alarm for the interior when the top is down?

4) What is the "Door Contact Switch" button for? It's located between the two reading lamps by the rear view mirror.

5) Just to confirm, we don't have the sport display (round tach in center) or please let me know steps to enable.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2015, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

2) under driver's seat
5) In the US we do not have the solo tach in center.

Will leave balance to Roadster owners.

Last edited by Huey52; 12-02-2015 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

The owners manual goes under the driver seat, not in the glovebox.

You can operate the top via the key hole in the driver door. Turn it twice and hold it in each direction to open or close the top (lock/unlock).

The door switch button is to have the interior lights turn on when the doors are open.

Only S models get the sport display on the virtual cockpit.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I stand corrected. I had not noticed the very nice shelf/retainer for the Owner's Manual case immediately below the seat bottom itself. I had looked on the floor, as some other models.

Originally Posted by adg44
The owners manual goes under the driver seat, not in the glovebox.

You can operate the top via the key hole in the driver door. Turn it twice and hold it in each direction to open or close the top (lock/unlock).

The door switch button is to have the interior lights turn on when the doors are open.

Only S models get the sport display on the virtual cockpit.

Last edited by Huey52; 12-02-2015 at 07:14 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

1) I ordered this (ships in January): http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/in...de=view&id=149

2) In the bracket below the driver's seat. That's where it's meant to go (the service manuals specifically refer to it being for that).

4) interior lights go on at night when getting in or out of the car, a must in my opinion

5) we don't, it's only on the TTS (not S line) model
Old 12-02-2015, 09:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by visuar
1) I ordered this (ships in January): http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/in...de=view&id=149
I just ordered one of these too. Have you installed one before? I watched some of their other installations and looks pretty simple but they don't have instructions up for the MK3 up yet. I guess I could take it to a shop listed on their site in LA, Anaheim, or Aliso Viejo for installation if I need to.

Thank you visuar, adg44, & Huey52 for the info!!
Old 12-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks visuar! I also ordered one of these - I emailed them and they told me it will be PNP and I wouldn't need professional installation. Have you installed one of these before? I don't see that they have instructions yet for MK3 TT but watching videos for other convertibles seems to be kind of easy.

Thank you Huey52 and adg44. I would have never thought to check under the seat for placing the manuals.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

5) again, we don't get the solo large centered Tach in the US, TTS nor TT. Only two views.

Some lawyer with the DOT must have figured we couldn't handle it.

2) In the bracket below the driver's seat. That's where it's meant to go (the service manuals specifically refer to it being for that).

4) interior lights go on at night when getting in or out of the car, a must in my opinion

5) we don't, it's only on the TTS (not S line) model
Old 12-04-2015, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
5) again, we don't get the solo large centered Tach in the US, TTS nor TT. Only two views.

Some lawyer with the DOT must have figured we couldn't handle it.
The TTS does get it. Just not the TT. If it isn't enabled already, you go to computer, layout, sport display. You can only have Sport -> Infotainment or Classic -> Infotainment views. You cannot cycle through all three views via the view button on the steering wheel.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you!! I was looking at mods4cars before I posted but wasn't sure about these, so I ordered one too. I emailed them asking if professional installation was required and they told me nope, it's PNP. Fingers crossed.

Thanks adg44 and Huey52 -- good info. I wouldn't have thought to look under the seat to store the manuals.

Quick Reply: Qs for US Roadster Owners