TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Qs for US Roadster Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 07:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you.

Thanks guys. Very helpful info.

visuar - I ordered that same controller. I am nervous about the installation from watching their other videos but an email that I received from them tells me that it will be plug-and-play.

The confusing part for me is that there is a mention in the user manual on page 32 that the remote can be used to close the windows and the top, under the heading "Convenience Closing with the Convenience Key" and in the following greyed section of text...

statement about using remote to close the power top

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I like the features of the mods4cars so I'll install it regardless.

Thanks adg44 and Huey52 -- never would've thought to put it under the seat - in a convertible.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, I believe it is possible in certain regions to close (but not open I think) the roof with the remote key. I do not believe that works on the US model. I've looked in to this a while ago and couldn't find any confirmation online that any market actually has that feature though.

In general the Audi way seems to be to press and hold a button for comfort open/close, instead of hitting the button multiple times. If I remember I'll give it a go next time as I don't think I've actually tried it yet since getting my car.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
5) again, we don't get the solo large centered Tach in the US, TTS nor TT. Only two views.
It's a TTS only thing in all markets (including the US) as far as I know.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

You're a good man to have around adg44, I missed that in the setup as well. Alas not all three cycle-able.

edit: I'm now using the large solo center tach display the bulk of the time, especially when in dynamic mode.

Originally Posted by adg44
The TTS does get it. Just not the TT. If it isn't enabled already, you go to computer, layout, sport display. You can only have Sport -> Infotainment or Classic -> Infotainment views. You cannot cycle through all three views via the view button on the steering wheel.

Last edited by Huey52; 12-08-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

So I tried open / closing roof without the module and definitely can't get anything to work. I've not had a chance to look thru VCDS yet to see if there's anything I could change there.

It looks like their new roof modules are much easier to install than their first generation, so I'm not too worried to try to do it myself. Biggest concern is getting the trim pieces off and getting those re-installed nicely.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by visuar
So I tried open / closing roof without the module and definitely can't get anything to work. I've not had a chance to look thru VCDS yet to see if there's anything I could change there.

It looks like their new roof modules are much easier to install than their first generation, so I'm not too worried to try to do it myself. Biggest concern is getting the trim pieces off and getting those re-installed nicely.
I couldn't get mine to work without the module either.

Do your seats have the side bolster adjustment? My round lumbar adjustment only has the 4 buttons but no rotating switch for the bolsters.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I believe the pneumatic bolsters are only on the TTS [but adg44 will back me up...]

Originally Posted by brandonis

Do your seats have the side bolster adjustment? My round lumbar adjustment only has the 4 buttons but no rotating switch for the bolsters.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by brandonis

I've not tried that I think. You would rotate the button with the 4 depressions in it that you normally click?
Old 12-13-2015, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
I believe the pneumatic bolsters are only on the TTS [but adg44 will back me up...]
Correct.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by visuar
I've not tried that I think. You would rotate the button with the 4 depressions in it that you normally click?
It's a slide switch mounted on the forward edge of the lumbar switch. You can see it as a protrusion in the drawing on page 48 of the manual. Not sure if rotates the whole switch, but it didn't seem to when I was playing with it in Europe (over a month ago). Should find out Monday or Tuesday when the local dealer finishes the prep.

Quick Reply: Qs for US Roadster Owners