TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Qs for US Roadster Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by n828cl
It's a slide switch mounted on the forward edge of the lumbar switch. You can see it as a protrusion in the drawing on page 48 of the manual. Not sure if rotates the whole switch, but it didn't seem to when I was playing with it in Europe (over a month ago). Should find out Monday or Tuesday when the local dealer finishes the prep.
It is a lever mounted in the 2 o'clock position around the lumbar controls. It moves between 1-3 o'clock.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by visuar
So I tried open / closing roof without the module and definitely can't get anything to work. I've not had a chance to look thru VCDS yet to see if there's anything I could change there.

It looks like their new roof modules are much easier to install than their first generation, so I'm not too worried to try to do it myself. Biggest concern is getting the trim pieces off and getting those re-installed nicely.
I received and installed my controller from mods4cars - now I feel the top operates as it should have from the factory.

Installation was a bitch - really only problem was the paneling but I managed to get it all back in perfectly. Wiring is totally easy and nearly fool proof.

Good luck with your install.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by brandonis
I received and installed my controller from mods4cars - now I feel the top operates as it should have from the factory.

Installation was a bitch - really only problem was the paneling but I managed to get it all back in perfectly. Wiring is totally easy and nearly fool proof.

Good luck with your install.
Thanks! Received mine on Wednesday, and had to wait till the weekend to install in daylight, so wish me luck

Couple of questions for you:

1) there are 2 6-pin connectors you can plug in to, I assume you plugged that one in to the bottom one on the Audi module?

2) did you leave the USB cable attached for future updates? If so, how did you route / hide it?

This'll be my first car install of anything really, so I'm excited and a bit scared at the same time, hehe
Old 01-22-2016, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by visuar
Thanks! Received mine on Wednesday, and had to wait till the weekend to install in daylight, so wish me luck

Couple of questions for you:

1) there are 2 6-pin connectors you can plug in to, I assume you plugged that one in to the bottom one on the Audi module?

2) did you leave the USB cable attached for future updates? If so, how did you route / hide it?

This'll be my first car install of anything really, so I'm excited and a bit scared at the same time, hehe
1 - here are some pictures of the install. The m4c harness goes between the OEM controller and the m4c controller:

m4c harness

The colored arrows connect to the OEM controller and the circled harness connections are connected to eachother.

OEM controller and OEM harness connections

This is the mess when the m4c harness is connected:

m4c harness installed between OEM controller and m4c controller

2 - Yes, I left the USB cable attached (configured the controller from the computer before installing). The OEM controller is just behind the 12v socket. The housing has an empty slot so I put the m4c controller in there. Next to the 12v socket is a plastic vent that pops out (you'll need to pop it out anyway to remove the paneling). I can reach in from there and grab the USB cable easily. Actually, I can probably grab the m4c controller just as easily but I left the cable on.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by brandonis
1 - here are some pictures of the install.
Hey thanks for the pictures! Confirms what I gathered from the Audi schematics