TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Red Leather Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Leather Interior?

Does anyone have any representative pics of a TTS with red leather seats? I'm planning to place an order soon and I'm trying to decide between the black leather and red leather interior options. I've seen the black leather seats in person and they look great. I haven't seen the red leather in person, but the seats and red trim stitching seem to really brighten up the cabin and, with the grey seat stitching and silver/black sides, the seats don't look as eye-searing as some I've seen. I can't tell if the seat backs are covered in red or black leather -- I'm still trying to track down a clear picture. Here are the best photos I've found so far:

Galleries - Fourtitude.com

http://i2.wp.com/www.motoringresearc...Audi_TTS_3.jpg

BTW, the exterior will be Dakota Grey Pearl ether way. Any more photos or thoughts about red vs. black? Thanks!

Last edited by SimianSpeedster; 09-15-2015 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Whereas I appreciate the sharp contrast of the red seats against the gray exterior I know personally I would tire of the red pretty quickly, so would very subjectively vote for black. You need to see the red in person as photo's don't seem to capture it very well. Only you can decide if you'll still admire the red down the road. It will be a great car to drive either way.

Originally Posted by SimianSpeedster
Does anyone have any representative pics of a TTS with red leather seats? I'm planning to place an order soon and I'm trying to decide between the black leather and red leather interior options. I've seen the black leather seats in person and they look great. I haven't seen the red leather in person, but the seats and red trim stitching seem to really brighten up the cabin and, with the grey seat stitching and silver/black sides, the seats don't look as eye-searing as some I've seen. I can't tell if the seat backs are covered in red or black leather -- I'm still trying to track down a clear picture. Here are the best photos I've found so far:

BTW, the exterior will be Dakota Grey Pearl ether way. Any more photos or thoughts about red vs. black? Thanks!
Old 09-16-2015, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
Whereas I appreciate the sharp contrast of the red seats against the gray exterior I know personally I would tire of the red pretty quickly, so would very subjectively vote for black. You need to see the red in person as photo's don't seem to capture it very well. Only you can decide if you'll still admire the red down the road. It will be a great car to drive either way.
Thanks. I'm still leaning toward red leather to add a bit of excitement to the interior, but my dealer has the same exact car coming inbound with black leather which would shave about 2 months from the delivery timeline...
Old 09-16-2015, 04:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. I'm still leaning toward red leather to add a bit of excitement to the interior, but my dealer has the same exact car coming inbound with black leather which would shave about 2 months from the delivery timeline...
S,
Hang on for the red.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Suspect you mean Daytona Gray Pearl?

Go for the Express Red, a Grey car needs it in my opinion.
It is tastefully used, and looks good in all pictures.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Can_Quattro; 09-16-2015 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I'm sticking with red. Yes, I meant Daytona Grey Pearl. That's a great photo -- the red leather looks almost as subdued as it does in the configurator whereas it looks like molten lava in other photos. It's a gamble worth taking!
Old 09-17-2015, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

One more since I am a fan:
Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2015, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, I ordered my car today and I stuck with the red leather! Woohoo!
Old 09-17-2015, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Red Leather Interior?

Well, I ordered my car today and I stuck with the red leather! Woohoo!
Congrats. Nice choice!
Old 09-17-2015, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ocean1
Congrats. Nice choice!
Thanks. I think we may end up with identical cars!

Quick Reply: Red Leather Interior?