TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Sport seat plastic bit

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the same seat splitting issue of the plastic separating form the leather sport bucket. I have taken my 2016 tt into the dealer and they have ordered the parts and said it will take a couple weeks bc they are coming from Germany. Will let everyone know how the repair goes. i also had distortion in my front left speaker which they are replacing under warranty as well.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I reported my seat trim issue during the 5k service today. The service advisor knew of the issue and ordered the new design trim. He said it would take about a month.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cpurser
I reported my seat trim issue during the 5k service today. The service advisor knew of the issue and ordered the new design trim. He said it would take about a month.
wonder if the 2017s are going to have this issue, or if Audi will fix it on the line.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by grey67
wonder if the 2017s are going to have this issue, or if Audi will fix it on the line.
2017 are having the same issue.
I revceived my 2017 TTS around September last year and about 3 months later the passenger side popped out.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lain
2017 are having the same issue.
I revceived my 2017 TTS around September last year and about 3 months later the passenger side popped out.
That's just annoyingly stupid. So much for fine German engineering and attention to quality.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by grey67
That's just annoyingly stupid. So much for fine German engineering and attention to quality.
It's also disappointing that it's a known issue and some of us have had to bring our cars back more than once for the fix while the wait times have been very long for parts. Mine has gone in twice for this and it's still not right. However, it's a small detail so in the grand scheme of things I suppose it's not a big deal.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

So, my dealer is saying we can't fix the seat trim "until it fails". They won't do it "preemptively" before I pick up the car. Grrrrrr...

If it does fail, I'll get them to order the part before I bring it in - so I don't lose 5 weeks waiting.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Everyone keep in mind that Audi and its part supplier completely redesigned these trim pieces and clips to be more durable....hence a lengthy wait for parts. At some point production line seats were updated, meaning if you car was recently built it's likely you have the new parts already...hence why the dealer may not "proactively replace" your trim (since you have the new parts that should not break).

For those of you that have had multiple attempts to fix your seats, your dealer has been an idiot. Months ago Audi issued a technical bulletin to dealers to stop attempts to repair and wait for new parts. Your dealer was just installing the same old part and it was going to break again (as many of you have experienced). The frustration of it not being fixed could and should have been avoided. Literally, the new trim pieces have been trickling in over the last few weeks to dealers. So if you haven't had a repair in, say, the last month for the trim you don't have the new parts and it will likely brake again. I had an even longer wait, likely due to my (relatively) rare Audi Design Select interior with unique trim.

I'm happy to report my seats have the new trim on both sides, and the fit and finish is perfect...just like from the factory. The repair is easy and straight forward, and there is no need to be concerned about damaged leather or ill-fitting parts. Thankfully this is a pretty "minor" cosmetic issue, so just enjoy the car without worry and go get the updated parts that are now available if needed.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
I'm happy to report my seats have the new trim on both sides, and the fit and finish is perfect...just like from the factory. The repair is easy and straight forward, and there is no need to be concerned about damaged leather or ill-fitting parts. Thankfully this is a pretty "minor" cosmetic issue, so just enjoy the car without worry and go get the updated parts that are now available if needed.
You are very lucky. My seat was dismantled, and put back together because they had the wrong part. I was left with a big gap for months until the "right" part came in (which may turn out to be the old weaker version), and when it was finally "fixed", the fit and finish is terrible. I'm going to have to bring it back again.

It could be worse. It could be something a bit more important.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Fun101
You are very lucky. My seat was dismantled, and put back together because they had the wrong part. I was left with a big gap for months until the "right" part came in (which may turn out to be the old weaker version), and when it was finally "fixed", the fit and finish is terrible. I'm going to have to bring it back again.

It could be worse. It could be something a bit more important.
Well I'm not sure what your dealer is doing.....dealers shouldn't have been attempting any repairs over the end of last year because the correct parts were not even available. Sounds like you have a poor dealer.

As far as "dismantling" your seat.....I don't think you understand the simplicity of the repair. The back board is pulled off (held on by clips) and then the trip is replaced (again, pulled off by releasing the clips). This is basically a "no tools needed" repair, and the carwash probably spent more time with your car. No seat should be "dismantled" for this repair, it's very easy and quick.

Sorry for your poor experience and hope you get the correct parts put on soon. Audi really dropped the ball when it comes to resolving this in a timely manner.

Quick Reply: Sport seat plastic bit