TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Still waiting for a boat, dammit

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still waiting for a boat, dammit

When Audi sent me an email on Monday, 10/19 saying my car was built and being transported to Emden for shipping, it generated optimism that my car would get aboard the Goliath Leader which was scheduled to leave Emden on the following Monday, 10/26. That ship is already headed SW along the French coast after its 2 other European port stops, and it's scheduled to land in San Diego on 11/17.

I checked with my dealer and unfortunately he said he doesn't have any info showing that my car being on a ship yet, and he said the ETA is December. :-| I hope that info is wrong, but if not, I'd be fairly surprised if it takes 2 or more weeks to get aboard a ship. I know there's nothing I can do about it all, but it's frustrating to be in the dark about the process and status. Take a note, Audi: the information provided through BMW's ordering and delivery process is a heck of a lot more customer-oriented.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Mine was built on Oct 8th and didn't get on the boat until the 15th (made port on the 25th and still waiting at this writing). Obviously there's more going on than simply the drive/rail time to Emden, what with paperwork, staging, roll-on, etc.
Audi has always been poor about providing order-transit info. We have to dig for some insight whereas BMW is much more forthright. I have to say I've always preferred BMW's online configurator as well. Still.....I buy Audi's.

Hang in there, December will be here soon.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

oh my, I got my "heading to Emden" note on 10/21, I'm asking the dealer for boat info right now....mine will go to RI....
Old 10-30-2015, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hang in there, the waiting sucks but it's part of the fun. You aren't up against a deadline for an incentive or anything are you? When we got the Allroad we absolutely had to take delivery by a certain date or lose some year end incentives and were trying to figure out if we could take delivery while the car was still in port in NJ.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ha!......the only thing I'm personally up against is the arrival of snow and cold!....want a few weeks driving on summer tread before I have to swap tires....
Old 10-30-2015, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by i3adSaab
Ha!......the only thing I'm personally up against is the arrival of snow and cold!....want a few weeks driving on summer tread before I have to swap tires....
Be careful if it's just cold and you run the summers before swapping, even with no snow on brand new tires at cold temp those things will be slick as hell and rather dangerous. We got a cold spell last spring after I had my PSS back on the car and it was much worse than I thought it would be.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BEM-S4
Be careful if it's just cold and you run the summers before swapping, even with no snow on brand new tires at cold temp those things will be slick as hell and rather dangerous. We got a cold spell last spring after I had my PSS back on the car and it was much worse than I thought it would be.
yes I know, my dealer had told me early to mid-November delivery but I still don't have a boat confirmation. Usually I stick the snows on up here after Thanksgiving.....the weather can still be rather nice until then, still have my wife's XC70 in case we get an early storm or it's too cold.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

yes I know, my dealer had told me early to mid-November delivery but I still don't have a boat confirmation. Usually I stick the snows on up here after Thanksgiving.....the weather can still be rather nice until then, still have my wife's XC70 in case we get an early storm or it's too cold.
That Volvo is a nice car. Is that the R-Design one? I slid ours into a snow bank the first time bad weather hit, damn low profile tires on a SUV. Swapped them out shortly thereafter.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BEM-S4
That Volvo is a nice car. Is that the R-Design one? I slid ours into a snow bank the first time bad weather hit, damn low profile tires on a SUV. Swapped them out shortly thereafter.
Not the R design.....but it's a loaded XC70 and it's got the T6, that engine is really freaking fast and fun to drive. Unfortunately, the 2015.5 model year is the end of the T6 for Volvo as they are going exclusively to smaller engines and hybrids. The replacement wagon will be introduced I think in Frankfurt in a few months.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not the R design.....but it's a loaded XC70 and it's got the T6, that engine is really freaking fast and fun to drive. Unfortunately, the 2015.5 model year is the end of the T6 for Volvo as they are going exclusively to smaller engines and hybrids. The replacement wagon will be introduced I think in Frankfurt in a few months.
Yeah, agreed that was a great car. Went from that to the Macan S for 6 months then an Allroad for dad. I'll have to look at the new replacement, drove the new big one and it's way too big for me but damn they did a nice job on it. Hope the fit and finish on the smaller one is as nice.

Quick Reply: Still waiting for a boat, dammit