TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT MK3 Virtual Cockpit Setting

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by visuar
I've been meaning to build a tree of what all the settings are and where they are as it's a pretty confusing mess, but have not had the time to try and do that.
To make it even trickier, the menus change depending on whether or not the engine is running and if the TTS sport view display is enabled.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ventro
I wish there was a more minimal version of the virtual cockpit UI, or if you could customize it or something. Its weird how simple the rest of the car interior is, but the virtual cockpit is this super information dense thing.
This! I wish there was a setting for just a simple speedometer when I am just driving from point a to b at night and don't need 12" of backlit real estate starting me in the face.

SAAB, though they didn't do much right, used to have a setting for night long distance driving where it would dim all the buttons and lights in the car and leave only the speedometer lit. Less distraction and light pollution. If something required attention it would briefly light that area then dim back when attention was no longer needed.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

I also wish you could adjust the screen's brightness independently from the rest of the interior lights
Old 11-19-2015, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by josh Prieur
This! I wish there was a setting for just a simple speedometer when I am just driving from point a to b at night and don't need 12" of backlit real estate starting me in the face.

SAAB, though they didn't do much right, used to have a setting for night long distance driving where it would dim all the buttons and lights in the car and leave only the speedometer lit. Less distraction and light pollution. If something required attention it would briefly light that area then dim back when attention was no longer needed.
The night button was definitely a nice feature. I'd prefer that things just light up as needed, I cannot stand driving with the entire cabin all lit up.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi All,

i do have questions that are related to the same topic.... I am considering buying a TT but the dealer here doesn't have the required specs... so i am considering buying one from a different country... but i am hesitated as i am not sure of the following:
1) would i be able to chose the speed display beteween Mile an KM?
2) as Audi is using Google maps, are they country or region locked? i.e if i get an Audi from US or Canada would i be able to have the navigation working in Dubai?
3) how about Radio stations? i know that US for example uses odd signals for example 96.1 then 96.3... however in Dubai we use even number 96.2 then 96.4 etc..
4) I was also told that the Audi TT would use a SIM card? is that locked by countries? so i have to use US based SIM provider rather than UAE SIM Provider?

i hope that someone can help here....
thank you in Advance...
Old 12-03-2015, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kdamisi
so i am considering buying one from a different country...
You need to check the laws for importing vehicles into Dubai. In the US, it is often very expensive and time-consuming to import non-US-spec vehicles into the country.

1) would i be able to chose the speed display beteween Mile an KM?
Yes, the display is configurable for that (I had mine set to km in Europe).

2) as Audi is using Google maps, are they country or region locked?

3) how about Radio stations?

4) I was also told that the Audi TT would use a SIM card? is that locked by countries?
This thread has some useful information:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...i-nav-2878785/

- Chuck
Old 12-03-2015, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

1) yes

2) region locked as far as I know. Like when I drove my U.S. car in Europe, I had no maps. Maybe I could've purchased them, but giving Audi's history, I doubt the MMI would've accepted the European maps. Personally I prefer my phone's navigation anyway.

3) U.S. cars come with XM satellite radio support, Europeans have DAB satellite radio, I don't know what your region would have. AM/FM is pretty much the same I think, but you might also miss out on things like digital traffic updates for your navigation (if you get that working at all).

4) I don't believe so, but that could be different from country to country. Honestly, at this point, there's very little benefit to having the data connection I find.

Wouldn't it be easier to just order one from the factory? I know the TT is being sold in Dubai as I've seen reviews of them there.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by visuar
at this point, there's very little benefit to having the data connection I find.

While I agree on previous Audi's, I may disagree here as the traffic data now comes through the Data Connection as opposed to the radio. Kind of a mixed blessing, have to pay for the data now, but I will say the traffic information is FAR superior to the old system.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I too like the Google Map overlay and traffic notifications, both facilitated by the data connection. But concur that I don't need in-car WiFi as most everyone has 4G cell with an ample data plan these days.

btw: I've assigned my asterisk'd programmable steering wheel button to display day/night. It served me well the very first night drive as the display didn't auto-shift to night (I may have missed a setting). And my older eyes appreciate a brighter display so I'm fine with it.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you all for your feedbacks....
The question that was not answer (as I probably didn't explain it properly )...

The 2016 TT is relying on google maps for navigation. right? are the maps preloaded to the car from factory? or do they rely on having data connectivity ( SIM Card)?...

or do I need to turn on the hotspot on my mobile and use that as the data source?

I know that old cars ( Audi and other makes) used to have the maps on a DVD. the DVD is usually region locked, so even If you get the maps of a different country; the DVD would still not work....

as for importing the car I could import from any place as long as they drive on the left side

so Germany and USA is my first option...

Quick Reply: TT MK3 Virtual Cockpit Setting