TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Two and half months and its here...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two and half months and its here...

If's official. Signed on the TTS this afternoon. Pick her up on Monday. The wrap had just come off so too dusty for any decent photos. But as pix is proof, I took a selfie to share.

TW's TTS
Old 11-19-2016, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! She's a beauty! Looking forward to all of your input, insight, etc. now that you have the car. Waiting on mine from ED, and it's killing me. Enjoy...
Old 11-19-2016, 01:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Enjoy, It is a fun car. Glad the wait is over.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by f1point0
Congrats! She's a beauty! Looking forward to all of your input, insight, etc. now that you have the car. Waiting on mine from ED, and it's killing me. Enjoy...
Thanks!

I can relate. The wait was certainly tough. In my case, the TDI buyback aspect elevated the angst levels of this particular purchase into the lets get this over with zone months before I even ordered the car, so it could be worse. In the days since the car hit port, I was waffling on whether to pick it up before turning the A3 over to Audi as theres a substantial amount of coin involved and the turn over is scheduled for 12/14. Of course, the moment they called to tell me the TTS was in, any notions of maturity and patience were pancaked flat by the 18 wheeler of desire. Had to have it. Now. Best I could do was Monday. That'll have to do.

Can't say anything further on driving dynamics. The car was on empty so I only managed a couple of sub 10 MPH laps around the dealership lot just to make sure there was nothing obviously wrong. Was nice to see only 12 miles on the clock, though. A full assessment seems a ways off given the first order of business will be swapping the 19" S001s for something a bit more suited to New England winters. That said I'm already hoping and plotting for a measured, early morning weekend run on fresh white stuff after an overnight snow. Might actually enjoy winter this year.

Best of luck and keep the faith. Joy will be here before you know it!
Old 11-19-2016, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I took delivery 20 November last year so similarly only had a couple days before swapping tires. But trust me you'll enjoy it just as much on snow tires.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
But trust me you'll enjoy it just as much on snow tires.
No worries... I'm counting on it!
Old 11-21-2016, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Picked the car up this evening, so its official. I've finally graduated into the ranks of key carrying TTS owners. Yeah!
Old 11-21-2016, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

And now plenty of naturally performance enhancing cold dense air and a long weekend upcoming to enjoy!
Old 11-21-2016, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet! Congrats, again. Still waiting on my ED that's supposed to arrive any day now...cleared from customs on 11/9. I did get a CHF 250 red-light camera ticket today from Switzerland from my ED trip though
Old 11-22-2016, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by f1point0
Sweet! Congrats, again. Still waiting on my ED that's supposed to arrive any day now...cleared from customs on 11/9. I did get a CHF 250 red-light camera ticket today from Switzerland from my ED trip though
You having my deepest respect for your patience as well as your taste in automobiles. But most especially for your capabilities as an international miscreant! Bravo and be sure to let us know when your wait is over!

Quick Reply: Two and half months and its here...