TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

What to do while waiting for your order?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do while waiting for your order?

1 Pull hair one by one
2 Question your choice of color
3 Call dealer every day for updates
Any other suggestions?
Old 08-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Watch and rewatch the ten dozen or so YouTube videos on the TT/TTS until you find you've memorized all their narratives and have given pet names to all the cars?
Old 08-09-2016, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cryogenics
Old 08-10-2016, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

LOL Guilty myself of YouTube re-re-re-watch while I waited!

Also second guessing the Sepang Blue color as no TTS was available for direct observation a year ago in the US (did see other models of course).

Originally Posted by Balthazar-B
Watch and rewatch the ten dozen or so YouTube videos on the TT/TTS until you find you've memorized all their narratives and have given pet names to all the cars?

Last edited by Huey52; 08-10-2016 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Aw the wait has been killing me (ordered a 2017 TTS), I've been doing everything I can to keep busy and get ready for it.

I've been waiting 2 months so far and still have over a month to go (has end of Sept delivery)

So far I've:
- Completely cleaned and washed my garage so it has a nice clean spot.
- Sourced out high end Korean microfiber towels for doing a complete detail.
- Researched best detailing products for doing a complete detail job and now have a complete detailing set, right from paint decontamination to hardened paint coating imported from Germany.
- Made a detailing procedure list for the cars first detail and paint coating.
- Searched out winter rims & tires.
- Searching for black lugs for winter rims.
- Searched for a thin wall socket with protective sleeve for changeovers.
- Got tire totes & felt pads for tire change over.
- Searched best heat blocking tint.

That's kept me busy for the past 2 months but I'm pretty much at the end of my list now and still have over a month to wait. So I went out and bought a 2016 Kia Soul Luxury for my wife so I can detail it with all my new products while I wait. I think this last month is going to be a LONG wait.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

LOL, How about finding a good snow brush. If you're getting 20's then a good woolie. Cleaning them is a mission.

Originally Posted by lain
Aw the wait has been killing me (ordered a 2017 TTS), I've been doing everything I can to keep busy and get ready for it.

I've been waiting 2 months so far and still have over a month to go (has end of Sept delivery)

So far I've:
- Completely cleaned and washed my garage so it has a nice clean spot.
- Sourced out high end Korean microfiber towels for doing a complete detail.
- Researched best detailing products for doing a complete detail job and now have a complete detailing set, right from paint decontamination to hardened paint coating imported from Germany.
- Made a detailing procedure list for the cars first detail and paint coating.
- Searched out winter rims & tires.
- Searching for black lugs for winter rims.
- Searched for a thin wall socket with protective sleeve for changeovers.
- Got tire totes & felt pads for tire change over.
- Searched best heat blocking tint.

That's kept me busy for the past 2 months but I'm pretty much at the end of my list now and still have over a month to wait. So I went out and bought a 2016 Kia Soul Luxury for my wife so I can detail it with all my new products while I wait. I think this last month is going to be a LONG wait.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

I already have a snow brush and ice scraper from my previous car..... but that doesn't mean the TTS shouldn't get new ones

The 20" rims are the only option I didn't do. I went with the 19" rims hoping they would be a "bit" softer ride. I test drove a TTS with 20" and it was a bit rough. Not sure if the 19" will be much better, but hoping. I also like the 2 tone machined rims.
But I did get a set of wheel woolies to clean them.

My wife thinks I might have gone a bit too far getting ready for it.... she just doesn't understand
Old 08-10-2016, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

LOL - I never had any proper detailing products whatsoever before. So it was quite an adventure figuring out what to buy. Now this baby will never see a car wash. And yes wives will never understand.

Oh and I made a special spot in my garage for all my goodies. I need to buy a container to hold all my towels now. Have you figured out what to keep in the car? I keep a quick detailer, leather cleaner & interior cleaner along with their own microfiber towels I will add the snow brush in the winter.

Originally Posted by lain
I already have a snow brush and ice scraper from my previous car..... but that doesn't mean the TTS shouldn't get new ones

The 20" rims are the only option I didn't do. I went with the 19" rims hoping they would be a "bit" softer ride. I test drove a TTS with 20" and it was a bit rough. Not sure if the 19" will be much better, but hoping. I also like the 2 tone machined rims.
But I did get a set of wheel woolies to clean them.

My wife thinks I might have gone a bit too far getting ready for it.... she just doesn't understand
Old 08-10-2016, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've also never owned a car detailing/cleaning product in my life, wow the detailing world is huge, I read and researched so much to come up with the final product list of towels and products I wanted. And being in Canada didn't help either we don't have easy access to near the amount of products the USA has.
I ended up spending about $1K on detailing product, towels, storage, accessories, ect.
I sure hope I like detailing!

Luckily my dad has a pressure washer and Porter Cable 7424XP I can borrow otherwise the expenses could have really got out of hand.

I have a double door cabinet in my garage and I put 2 of these bins inside it for all my micro fiber towels and wash mitts. Organised each bin into a job (wash, dry, clay, polish, paint coat, glass). Not sure if these would help you.
3 Drawer Storage Tower, 26 in. | Canadian Tire

I don't think I have to put anything cleaning product in the car (maybe just a microfiber towel) because I literally drive 6km to work and 6km home. So I'll always be close to all my detailing products. But I'll play it by ear and see if I need anything on hand.

Gave my towels their first wash prior to using and they are all hanging on a rack in the basement in front of our food shelf.... wife is not impressed. But we have a good laugh about it.

This car may have triggered OCD in me, I wasn't even this prepared for my son

Do you have all you accessories like wash buckets and grit guards?

Last edited by Lain; 08-10-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I guess I'm not alone LOL
Just finished whole garage "remodeling "
(It needed it anyway)
Watched quite a few YouTube vids (so true)
No detailing stuff yet ( something to do for nxt 2.5 months!)
Wish I could hibernate

Quick Reply: What to do while waiting for your order?