TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

What to do while waiting for your order?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by victor1461
I guess I'm not alone LOL
Just finished whole garage "remodeling "
(It needed it anyway)
Watched quite a few YouTube vids (so true)
No detailing stuff yet ( something to do for nxt 2.5 months!)
Wish I could hibernate
The garage may have "needed it" but the new TT or TTS is what made you do it right?
Old 08-11-2016, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah I bought it, I ended up going to chemical guys in Mississauga and bought a bunch of stuff.

Originally Posted by lain
I've also never owned a car detailing/cleaning product in my life, wow the detailing world is huge, I read and researched so much to come up with the final product list of towels and products I wanted. And being in Canada didn't help either we don't have easy access to near the amount of products the USA has.
I ended up spending about $1K on detailing product, towels, storage, accessories, ect.
I sure hope I like detailing!

Luckily my dad has a pressure washer and Porter Cable 7424XP I can borrow otherwise the expenses could have really got out of hand.

I have a double door cabinet in my garage and I put 2 of these bins inside it for all my micro fiber towels and wash mitts. Organised each bin into a job (wash, dry, clay, polish, paint coat, glass). Not sure if these would help you.
3 Drawer Storage Tower, 26 in. | Canadian Tire

I don't think I have to put anything cleaning product in the car (maybe just a microfiber towel) because I literally drive 6km to work and 6km home. So I'll always be close to all my detailing products. But I'll play it by ear and see if I need anything on hand.

Gave my towels their first wash prior to using and they are all hanging on a rack in the basement in front of our food shelf.... wife is not impressed. But we have a good laugh about it.

This car may have triggered OCD in me, I wasn't even this prepared for my son

Do you have all you accessories like wash buckets and grit guards?
Old 08-11-2016, 02:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lain
The garage may have "needed it" but the new TT or TTS is what made you do it right?
Sure it did
Just trying to rationalize my "nesting "
Old 08-11-2016, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I keep a bottle of dry shine or spot detailer in the back (under that strap on the left side) along with a microfibre cloth, a chamois for spot dying after the touchless wash and glass cleaner (also with own cloth). And in the glove box, a swiffer duster to swipe the dash along with a couple bird poop wipes (which I can't seem to find in the store anymore).
Old 08-11-2016, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

And while you are waiting...try to find what ship your car is on and track it to port.