VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag light

I have a 1999 A8 the airbag light stay on. The battery was disconnected at one time. I ran VAG-COM diag and received the following error report.
000532 - Supply Voltage B+
07-10 - Signal to Low - intermittent
01215 - Seat Occupation Sensorriver Side Rear (G177)
32-00 - Resistance too High
01216 - Seat Occupation Sensor: Passenger Side Rear (G178)
32-10 Resistance too High - Intermittent

Is this something I can fix or do I still need the dealer?
Old 10-03-2004, 06:24 AM

Default Re: Airbag light

I have some of the same (or similiar) problem/codes. I have 7 codes from the airbag computer once it was replaced (don't ask...). My dealer will not commit to a price to repair all the faults. From my take on this, I will need to buy/borrow a VAG-COM tool to see if I've fixed anything and I will need to buy the Bentley manual for the car (98 A6q). I hope the manual gives details like where the seat occupation sensor is located otherwise it will be very dificult to fix these problems. I have all my faults associated with the front seats. It would probably be cheaper to replace both seats. If we can get all the information to identify the faults from the manual, I think we should be able to repair the cars ourselves. There is a special procedure to reset the airbag computer....which you should probably do to try to get rid of some of the codes. The supply voltage fault should go away if the airbag computer is plugged in properly and the battery is OK. The airbag computer is buried in the center console under the radio. I was charges 5 hours labor @ 105.00 per hour to replace it. So, unless you have deep pockets, repairing airbag faults is something we might have to do ourselves. I will probably leave it until next spring. I have other fish to fry right now and it is getting colder here in the midwest around Chicago.
BK
BTW: My dealer tried to fix the "Passenger/driver side rear" faults in my car. He took out the rear seat to check the sensors. I'm trying to understand why there are sensors in the rear seats and what they have to do with the front/side airbags. Perhaps the sensors are in the rear portion of the front seats and the dealer was wrong. Or my thought processes are wrong. I don't have a manual yet to verify the location of those sensors. I will be ordering the CD-ROM version soon. Great winter reading...
Have you looked at http://www.netwiz.net/~jds/files/a6_links.html#vag

It has a lot of great info on problems/solutions for our cars. Some airbag info as well.

Worst case: I will trade the car....a car without airbags is worthless!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default G178 Occupancy Sensor resistance high

Bentley says it's a short to ground. I have this same problem. Rear PS occupancy sensor, the ohm meter seems to say the mechanical switch is working. Where would I look for the short ?