VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey.. I think I killed my registration on my laptop.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey.. I think I killed my registration on my laptop.

Hello,
I have 1 hd on my laptop with 2 partitions. 1 just for windows, and the other for my files.
Vag com was installed on my second partition. After a bad problem with SDRC ideas and Unigraphics software i reformatted my first partition.

Well I just recently checked to see if my Vag - Com software was still good..
well it says that i need to activate the software. Im thinking (after reading the FAQ's on Ross - Tech site, that the refromatt "killed the registration".

I still have the Installation on my drive, and recently installed the new 30 31n release, into the folder, but now it says that i need to Test the software before i can register. :/

1st will any OBDII car work? to test the vag com so that i may be able to get a serial number.

How hard will it be to reactivate my Vag Com software, i do not want to cause too much trouble, I do occasionaly have to reformatt my 1st hard drive.. ie 90 days or so.. but ill be sure to get De- Ac code.

I only registered it recently, after owning the cable for two years, since i recently bought a new laptop.

I did not save my original registration code ross tech sent me.. but would i have been able to use it since its on the same machine?

it also says i need a Mb-pipe .txt file.. but that problem went away after i restarted

thanks.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:49 AM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To properly "Test" VAG-COM:

You should use a VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda and read the fault memory from at least one control module.

As far as your loss of activation, please contact us privately.

-Uwe-