VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VAG K-Line error problem. Dealer can't figure out. Anyone else have this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 07:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VAG K-Line error problem. Dealer can't figure out. Anyone else have this problem?

A couple of weeks ago I tried to VAG a friends allroad to recode the windows and locks. VAG couldn't read the car, got errors, including K-Line error. Had power because when I got a green light at the OBD socket but nothing else.

So he took it into the dealer yesterday to have them look at it. They got the same K-Line error and couldn't read any modules either. So they started to play with it then insinuated it might be the fault of the non-factory VAG COM software. What a crock.

Finally they "tried one last thing" and it lit up every warning light on the dash and then couldn't clear because duh, the OBD port can't be addressed.

Has anyone heard of this before? If so, where should we direct the dealer to look??
Old 06-22-2006, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket radio? All fuses ok? OBD port tested?

<ul><li><a href="http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/aftermarket-radio.html">http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/aftermarket-radio.html</a</li></ul>
Old 06-22-2006, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: VAG K-Line error problem.

Well, the car is still at the dealer with no resolution in sight. When I spoke with the Service Manager this afternoon he was a little short with me and just said that it looked like it might be a LONG process. When I happened to mention to him the idea of disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting after several minutes, his response was "We are way beyond that. We are in direct contact with Audi Engineering." The dealership and Service Manager have been great with any of my prior visits so I'm hoping they get everything figured out.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

100% stock. Just wheels and tires