VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does switching to xenon or bixenon do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does switching to xenon or bixenon do?

My car came halogen, but I'd upgraded to xenon since. I'm getting VAG-COM from Ross-Tech this week. I'm making a list of what I want to do, and I'm noticing all the xenon stuff. The car works fine as is and was never recoded once HID was installed. It is not OEM xenon but aftermarket bulbs/ballasts. Should I just leave it the way it is?
Basically just wondering what recoding with VAG COM to xenon would do or not do.
Also, is there an easier tutorial on how to do the easiest things like "door lock >15mph" and the "needles lit at all times" mods and the like? I'm not sure I understand how to do it from reading the Ross Tech manual. I've got an idea from reading posts here, but I'm not quite sure I've got the whole "jist" of it. I think the Ross-Tech page on what you can do is vague for someone like me who has never touched something like this before.
And finally, it isn't listed in the FAQ's or even on the Ross Tech manual pages... is there a list of the most common easy tweaks with VAG COM that are used in the U.S.? I find out new things from scanning the forum, but I haven't seen a comprehensive "These are the cool things you can do to a U.S. Audi with Vag Com" post anywhere.
Thanks from a VAG COM virgin.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order just completed from Ross-Tech. Good news is they are in same state. Bad news is sales tax.

Anyhow, 2 years on AW and now I'm a noob again. Here I come with lots of stupid questions.