Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi A3 2012 A3 TDI For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 A3 TDI For Sale

I'm just posting this in some of the forums I frequent since I'd love to see the vehicle go to someone who will appreciate the extra touches I've added.

Asking $25k for a highly sought-after 2012 A3 TDI hatchback with ~43,000 miles. Because the current A3 is only available in a sedan, this last-generation A3 has become a bit of a commodity. This specific vehicle was custom ordered with all available options except the moon-roof. It was deliberately left off the list because when equipped you loose about 2” of already limited rear headroom. This car has turned out to be a wonderful road trip vehicle. It has consistently returned high 30s mileage in higher speed interstate driving (TX, UT, MT, ID, etc) and low-mid 40s in slower speed interstate driving (east coast, OH, etc.). Having taken me to all corners of the continental US, I’d be happy to spend many more miles in it. However, we have moved to a slightly larger vehicle that is more dog-friendly. That said, I have moved across the country in it, used it for ski and other winter road trips, and done weekends away with 4 people and a roof rack. There isn’t a ton of trunk space when you’ve got 4 passengers, but it works well in a bunch of configurations depending on whether or not you want to use a roof rack/box with the included base carrier bars. With a Thule Frontier cargo box equipped I saw a 1-2 mpg drop.

Audi Care was purchased at the time of vehicle purchase. This is the pre-paid maintenance cycle for the vehicle that covered all services through the 45k service. Maintenance schedule has been done a few thousand miles in advance. 45k was done at 42k. Warranty is good through 50,000 miles, or 4 years from purchase, July 2016. Extended warranty can be purchased directly through Audi or a number of 3rd party companies.

There is one problem that was encountered during the life of the vehicle that should be disclosed. When I lent the vehicle to my mother, she filled it with gasoline. It was started and run until it died. It was a bit of a scare, but this has apparently happened to a bunch of vehicles and Audi has a specific procedure to follow. If you do the advised work at a certified shop (read: stealership), there is no problem other than the hole in your wallet. This was addressed by Reno Audi, and I am working to re-gather all the paperwork surrounding the incident. I will be able to provide the parts list and service orders for the work. All the work was done by the dealer and the warranty is intact for the standard term, as listed above. To be clear, this all happened at about 20,000 miles and there have been no signs of any problems since it was returned to me from Reno Audi. As I said, I'll have the paperwork in hand shortly for full clarity.

I’ve slowly added on some accessories that have made it more functional and fun to drive, Pilot Super Sport summer tires, Blizzak WS-70 winter tires on dedicated rims with cables, tint, clear bra, winter mats, an extra deep cargo area mat to contain wet gear and spills in the trunk, and 3 different adapters for the AMI system. During the wait for Audi to come up with an OEM option for Bluetooth Streaming Audio, I also bought a headphone jack adapter. That leaves you with iPod, headphone, and Bluetooth A2DP connectivity options for music, along with the originally built in handsfree phone Bluetooth connectivity.

The specifics are all listed below.

2012 Audi A3 TDI

Monza Silver Metallic
Black S-Line Interior
6-speed S-Tronic Dual Clutch Transmission
MMI Navigation w/SD Card readers & DVD media
Audi Music Interface (AMI) with iPod Cable
Titanium Sport Package
18” Titanium Optic rotor-design wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
Sport Suspension
Sport Front Seats in S-Line Leather / Alcantara
Piano Black interior inlays
Black Grille surround
Black headliner

Premium Plus Package
Xenon Plus headlights with LED daytime running lights
Bluetooth handsfree phone interface
3 spoke multifunction leather steering wheel
Power front driver seat
Illumination package & storage package

Convenience Package
Auto-dimming rear view mirror
rain and light sensor
BOSE premium audio system
rear parting sensors

Cold Weather Package
Heated front seats
Heated Exterior Mirrors
Heated windshield washer nozzles

Base Carrier Bars

All-Weather Floor Mats

---
I special ordered this car fully optioned minus the sunroof for extra headroom in the rear seat. It is a great configuration to start with and I’ve added a few specific accessories listed below:

Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires on original rims. Some of the best wet/dry tires around. They do a great job keeping the TDI torque under control. These tires have approximately 10k miles on them and have been rotated for even wear.

Bridgestone Blizzak on winter steel rims. Specifically, WS-70 205/55R-16 on 16x6.5 5-112 et42 rims. FWD vehicles with a good set of winter tires are very capable, and the WS-70 is one of the best winter touring tires to be found. These tires and rims have about 5,000 Miles on them and are in perfect condition with slight tread wear.

Audi Music Interface Add-ons. Music can be played through the OEM adapters for headphone jack, Apple 32 pin connector, and A2DP bluetooth streaming. With this combination of adapters, you can play music via nearly any source imaginable. In conjunction with the OEM SD Card slots, DVD/CD and Sirius

Window Tint. Tint on the windows is fairly dark, I believe 20%, all around. The tint is Solar-Shield and it is as-is, no warranty. The tint is in near-perfect condition with a single pin-hole sized tear in the front driver window.

Clear Bra. Avery brand clear bra was applied a couple years ago. The front bumper, A-pillars, and the top of the rear bumper/loading area have been covered. There is no yellowing that I can see so far, and the only damage is a scuff here or there. That is what you get it for, I suppose.

Wear & Tear
For a 40,000+ vehicle, it is in pretty solid shape. The vehicle has primarily accumulated road-trip miles while being used for low mileage daily driving in urban areas. A couple dings on the body work could use paintless dent removal if you’re interested in it being perfect. The rims are the only part of the vehicle that have suffered any kind of damage. The damage is purely aesthetic, and could be fixed if you’re interested. I have contacts for both paintless dent removal and rim fix.

I'm happy to do an in-person sale, or a sale over the phone/web and facilitate delivery. I'm pretty firm on price as it seems to be dead on between the NADA and KBB values. My goal is to splt the dealer retail and the trade-in value. Based on what I've seen in my research the car is fairly priced for a private party sale, and is a great deal for someone who can make use of the snow tires.

Thanks for reading.
-bill

Last edited by palewhitemale; 11-30-2014 at 05:16 PM.