Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi Other '87 Audi 4000 S Pristine Physical Condition!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '87 Audi 4000 S Pristine Physical Condition!

My mother has finally decided to part with my Grandmother's red '87 Audi 4000 S (yes she was a firecracker!) in absolutely perfect physical condition .... not a scratch (beyond normal wear & tear) or dent outside and interior in as near to new condition as you can get without being new (no tears whatsoever). The car has been driven less than 200 miles since May of 2000 when the Odometer registered 61,999 (odometer is apparently not working but you can see for yourself that this car has barely been driven since my grandmother passed). It has been under cover in a garage all of that time (run only occasionally for special occasions and my mother and father to go on dates). All electronics work perfectly. Not a spec of rust anywhere. All original paint...never in an accident. We drove it to the mechanic last week, added a new battery, changed oil, checked and adjusted brakes, had the smog check done (passed certificate #PO 835886) and had her inspected to see what she needs in order to be in tip top shape and here is the grocery list (we have the mechanics inspection report for your viewing pleasure)
-New Tires (old ones are cracked from old age and tread is low);
-Front Brake pads at 5% (rear brake pads at 88% but right rear brake is frozen);
-Right control arm bushings need replacement
-needs new Tie rods (worn out on both sides)
- Shock absorbers (recommended)
-Radiator mounts are broken and radiator is seeping coolant (new mounts and patch radiator)
- coolant hoses are cracked (old age - suggest replacing)
- valve cover gasket (leaking)
- starter/flywheel is screeching a bit (don't have a diagnosis/prognosis on that one);
-Transmission needs servicing (shifting rough)

She started and ran fine on the way to the mechanic's, to the smog check, and back to the storage. The car was bought new by my grandmother and my mother had it since her death (like I said mostly in the garage as a "keepsake")...carfax is clean and the car has never been in so much as a fender bender. The motor sounds great. If you are in the mood to get a great deal on a classic you need to check this one out.

Asking Price: $3750 (as is where is)
Vehicle is located... (in our garage) San Anselmo, CA (Marin County)
VIN#: WAUFB0812HA001106
transmission : automatic
title status : clean
Call: Frank @ 415.302.6910
Attached Images      
Old 05-22-2015, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Accept Best offer....

... provided the purpose of the buyer is to buy the car and fix it up to drive (not parts car)... as I said, My Mother is very sentimental about this car.

Thanks

Frank