Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi A8 '97 A8 4.2 quattro (currently not running) $1,350.00

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '97 A8 4.2 quattro (currently not running) $1,350.00

I'm letting go of my '97 Audi A8 that I've had for ~10yrs. Do not have space for it anymore and have other vehicles I'd like to start going through.

It has ~225k (I've owned it since 134k). Has both the cold AND warm weather packages (rarer to find in the same car). So, that means it has heated seats front and rear w/ heated steering wheel (steering wheel heat doesn't work), ski sack, double-pane UV insulating glass all around, manual sun shades for the rear door Windows, power sun shade for the rear windscreen, solar sunroof (runs climate fan while parked in sun so it doesn't get 100° inside), along with all the standard features for this car which is high.

The good:
Have pretty much all receipts since I've owned car.
Trans replaced with one from ZF authorized shop and put in by Carousel Audi about one month after I bought car. Just flushed (trans filter and gasket also replaced less than 10k ago)
All front end links (including sway bar links) replaced at about 180k.
Interior in great shape and just recently detailed. Paint in overall good shape (deer hit on passenger side)

The bad:
First and foremost: car does not currently run. I haven't been able to track down issue, and my current situation does not afford me the chance to do so. I live in Rice Lake and cannot have more than 2 vehicles here. So vehicle is at gfs parents' in Dallas, WI (~20 miles South of Rice Lake, WI) It was throwing codes for cam sensor and terminal 30 voltage low for ECU)
I have replaced the ECU with a used one because it occasionally threw 'programming not correct' codes years ago (which Audi terms is a replace ECU instance with these non-programmable ECUs -I still have the original.
Terminal 30 too low code is probably just due to dead battery. I've checked everything with the cam sensor circuit and it checked out. I just reluctantly replaced cam sensor with new -no change.

Other issues:
Deer hit on passenger side shortly after I moved to Rice Lake (see pics). I have a replacement mirror and fuel door (used, need to be painted and fitted) and believe if you locate a passenger front door shell and do some massaging he'll be 90%.
Front windscreen cracked in half. Rear windscreen has started to develop a crack (maybe a foot) shortly before I parked it.
Front bumper is cracked.
Front corner lights missing lenses (have one).
Needs wiper transmission.
Battery shot from sitting.
Due for 40k service.

Wheels in pics do not come with car (selling separate). It is currently on the factory 16" 5-spokes (decent shape) w/ decent set of killer snow tires (Nokian Hakka 2)

Color is Cashmere grey pearl mica over Platinum silver nappa leather.
Asking $1,350.00

Thanks,
Allen
Attached Images