Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Sidewall Damage after ONE day of getting brand new Conti SportContact :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sidewall Damage after ONE day of getting brand new Conti SportContact :(

Hi

First of all, great community, new here

Changed all 4 tyres of my Audi 2009 A6 (3.2 Quattro) on Saturday to Conti Sport Contact 255/35 ZR 19

Hit the kerb while moving out of the parking lot and got the damage near the side of the rim on the sidewall Being blasting myself since!! Can anyone pls tell me if the damage is substantial enough to warrant a change in the tyre or can i still drive with this? There is no vibration or anything else and the car drives fine.

Thanks guys
Attached Images     
Old 12-25-2014, 09:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Just superficial damage to the tire and rim. Since your tire has a rim guard, extra rubber material to help protect the rim, there is no damage that that I can see that you should be concerned about. If you came into one of our tire shops, we would not sell you a tire. if you do not feel a vibration at hwy speeds, you are good to go.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummer deluxe..........Its not a problem at all in terms of safety or performance though. Aesthetically on the other hand, its a heart breaker for sure. The rim itself could possibly be repaired without replacing it if you go to a place that does this sort of thing. I had one far worse repaired at Star wheel and tire in Dallas, so I know it can be done. Now, an idea that you might consider until its time for new tires again, move this tire to a different wheel and that way you don't have both the tire and rim damage calling your attention to it. or you could just rotate the damaged part of the tire away from the damaged part of the rim and it would separate the two damages effectively cutting it in half so to speak. I bet it looks better and makes ya feel a little better. Of course you wont feel completely right until they are both fixed.