Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2019 RS3

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2019 RS3

Hi new here. I was lucky enough to test drive an RS3 recently and it's really an amazing vehicle. So, I've got a 2018 RS3 on order now! However, I'm wondering about the 2019 model. I did a basic search for the 2019 model but I'm not finding much.

So my questions are:
1. Does anyone know if there will be any changes for 2019?
2. How soon can we order a 2019 model?

TIA
Old 04-09-2018, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great question! I was going to purchase a 2018, and have decided to wait and see. I think the 2019 will be essentially the same, but I think in 1 1/2 years, the 2020 may be a completely restyled A3/S3/RS3, so probably gonna wait till then. I personally would not want to have a car for a year and a few months, and then a new body style comes out. On the other hand, if you don't care it doesn't matter. And you would get to enjoy it now. And..., we don't even know if Audi will make the RS3 the first year of a new body style. A lot is up in the air. I did test drive one and loved it, but a lease was double of what I pay on my 2017 S3, (not worth $1100.00/month), and chose to wait and see as stated above. I still have a blast in my S3. Good luck whatever you choose!
Old 04-09-2018, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Rans09vert. It's just odd that it's quiet on the 2019 when April seems to be a common month for ordering the next model year.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just keep in mind that historically RS models are only available for a year or two before getting pulled for a few years. I don’t know that I would be willing to wait on a 2019 and maybe miss out on the car for a few years. 2012 was the last TTRS before the current model.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understood the same as what RS3R X stated. Audi may introduce more RS models to the US in general BUT they many now be available for too many years in a row. Assume the idea is to keep the RS line somewhat exclusive. I have a 2018 coming in June/July time frame; very excited. On the flip side, wish I would have waited a year or so before getting my S3. Love my S3 but I got one of the first ones to hit our shores; at least the shores of central Ohio! More options became available during subsequent model year years. Like virtual cockpit or black optics. Both of which with be on my RS3 but are not on my S3. I can't see the RS3 changing much at all except in perhaps lighting or more subtle body changes. Perhaps more color options or different wheels. Would be cool if they offered the Sportback but prefer the sedan for myself. Think if you're thinking about the RS3, would be worth pulling the trigger on one now. Is pulling the trigger politically correct to write or say anymore?
Old 04-10-2018, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
Think if you're thinking about the RS3, would be worth pulling the trigger on one now. Is pulling the trigger politically correct to write or say anymore?
No I feel that is a micro aggression. LOL j/k
Geez the day we need to change expressions and vocabulary.....
Old 04-10-2018, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Think if you're thinking about the RS3, would be worth pulling the trigger on one now.
My 2018 RS3 is on order, I'm just curious about the 2019 changes. My dealer advised that there would not be any changes but 2019 models would be available for order typically in May. If I knew there'd be significant changes then I'd probably wait for a month but I think that risk is low.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Having said that, it may still be better to have a MY '19 anyway, that is if you don't actually mind waiting another month or two to order one. Who knows, maybe it'll have Homelink.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Timmay
No I feel that is a micro aggression. LOL j/k
Geez the day we need to change expressions and vocabulary.....
LOL! Micro aggression. Just learned a new term and it will be stuck in my head for days now. Thanks.

I truly dislike how politically correct our society has became. I totally understand it is wise to be considerate of others but there are too many words or phrases now that can trigger some group or part of society into immediate frenzied action.

We're all cool on this forum however.................right?

Oh, and model year number lines have become so blurred anymore. Used to be the next model year cars showed up in September of the current year. Some car companies are now starting months earlier. Soon, you can buy a new 2020 Yada in January 2019! Be the first on your block to get one! Pretty sure Audi still uses September introductions. Mostly.

Last edited by Fixeroh; 04-11-2018 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
LOL! Micro aggression. Just learned a new term and it will be stuck in my head for days now. Thanks.

I truly dislike how politically correct our society has became. I totally understand it is wise to be considerate of others but there are too many words or phrases now that can trigger some group or part of society into immediate frenzied action.

We're all cool on this forum however.................right?

Oh, and model year number lines have become so blurred anymore. Used to be the next model year cars showed up in September of the current year. Some car companies are now starting months earlier. Soon, you can buy a new 2020 Yada in January 2019! Be the first on your block to get one! Pretty sure Audi still uses September introductions. Mostly.
LOL yeah I really wish I didn't know that term! Apparently stuff like that is a thing nowadays. I don't think I would be able to survive today's college environment because that is the place where these things/emotions are alive and well. I think I'd be guilty of MACRO aggression (wait is that a term?) or in other words, go postal. I'm pretty sure we're all good here on this forum, or at least until the moderators say we're not. We're civil and there aren't any "keyboard thugs" that I'm aware of.

You're right about model years becoming a gray area. I guess it always sounds better to have a newer number though

Quick Reply: 2019 RS3