A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Show your colors! Pics of your new Allroad?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can you take a close-up pic of the reflector delete?

Originally Posted by Noggybowl
Got it friday!

Proceeded to get the TAG motorsport reflector delete, 034 Dynamic + springs and Audi OEM carbon mirror covers slapped on right when I got home. All before 20 miles hit.

Are you happy with them? What's installation like?
Old 11-13-2017, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OuttieForLife
Are you happy with them? What's installation like?
I am very happy with them. I have just over 5000 miles on them now.

Install is pretty easy. However, I am a former Audi tech so that can be all relative. Just as a note, if it's done right... You don't need to have it aligned. Most places you get a deal on spring install don't have the proper equipment for all the true alignment specs.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's mine; seems to be a popular color

Light grey interior w/grey oak.
Attached Thumbnails Show your colors! Pics of your new Allroad?-p1060870.jpg  
Old 11-14-2017, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I could say that the grey tree in the background is oak, to match the inlays, but it's an alligator juniper. That said, a lot of the vegetation on the hillside is scrub oak.
Attached Thumbnails Show your colors! Pics of your new Allroad?-p1060872.jpg  
Old 11-18-2017, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZDave
I wish I could say that the grey tree in the background is oak, to match the inlays, but it's an alligator juniper. That said, a lot of the vegetation on the hillside is scrub oak.
Not many of us with the gray/gray interior with the gray oak. Mine is in Manhattan gray Prestige with full paint. Looks like your went with the ventilated seats as well. Very happy with the light interior.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A new addition to the family... Misano Red 18' Allroad... here featured with my Sepang Blue 17' Allroad.

Old 11-23-2017, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I've posted this car before, but I think it looks right at home, road dirt and all, in this frame.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
A new addition to the family... Misano Red 18' Allroad... here featured with my Sepang Blue 17' Allroad.

The red one looks really good
Old 11-24-2017, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kelisko
The red one looks really good
I agree. When I saw the red live it was "WOW"... now I'll start looking into selling the Sepang Blue... oh well...
Old 11-28-2017, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Out with the old - in with the new (well not really - we've decided to keep the old 2008 Avant around for the time being),

2018 A4 allroad - Manhattan Grey - Tecknik trim level with Sport Package (19" rims in Canada); Advanced Driver Assist, Heads Up Display (so pretty much fully loaded). Great colour that really changes with the light. Look at the 3 pics below - one looks nearly black, another dark grey, the last light green slate.

welcome home to the new allroadAfter driving the new car for 6 weeks or so I have some observations
- first thought is the car is very quiet compared to the 2008 Avant. Engine noise non-existent, road noise very low (especially when the Conti SportContact 6 summer tires were on). I find it hard to 'know' how fast I'm going. The 3.2 V6 on the Avant had a clear sound that let me know the speed. I'm having to be careful with the new drive.
- the 252 HP definitely can move this car, especially if it's at speed. There's not much difference in HP (I think the old Avant was rated at 250HP). Acceleration was better on the Avant, but the new allroad seems to be more responsive - maybe that's the DSG transmission helping out or the fact it's 10 years newer and the Avant has 265k km on it!
- the gas mileage is great. For our driving patterns (a combination of around town and rural country driving) the Avant was ~10L/100km. The allroad so far has been ~7.8L/100km - so a huge difference. Fill up once / week at Ultramar's Supreme Thursdays where we could never last that long with with the old ride.
- technology features are very good. Auto high-beams work flawlessly. Pre-sense has kicked in a couple times if I strayed too far down the driveway with traffic coming my way. Lane Assist, blind spot warnings are all useful. Adaptive Cruise Control can make a commute easier. On my way into the city last week I set the cruise at 130km/hour north of the city and only touched the gas/brake a couple of times. The car managed the transition from full highway speed to stop and go traffic with little problems. Still need to pay attention, but takes a lot of the hassle of commuting away (fortunately don't have to do much of that).

Now on the negative side
- the loss of head light washer is a huge liability. Most of our miles are rural and a head light washer can really avoid problems during winter months. Roads can be a little grimy and eventually you start losing visibility as the headlights are covered in dirt. Also really miss the use of the washer as a tail-gating deterrent. This was a secondary, but highly useful feature of Audi headlight washers and one that I've passed on to new Audi owners over the years. Alas - that benefit is gone. Will see how it goes without them, but this was a major disappointment when I discovered this. (didn't realize that they had gone as they cars still come with the little door in the bumper)
- I also miss the rear fogs (I assume their not there anyway). Again for lots of rural use, in an area that gets some serious fog from time to time these will be missed. Two safety features eliminated is not a good trend. What's next - headlights?? Why include them if you assume everyone drives in the city?
- HomeLink - I finally got this "working" - but only intermittently. Pretty much given up on it at this point. Again disappointing since the Avant (and our original allroad) had perfectly working HomeLink functions.

Overall pretty pleased with the car. I plan to install lowered springs and a improved front strut brace (likely next spring) to improve the look and tighten up the ride a little. I don't like the current look - too much like an Avant on stilts - bring back the regular Avant!!

New Winter shoes!
close-up of new rimsNew rims are Sport Edition P3 in Anthracite Grey. 17" with Nokian Hakka R2s (225/55/17). I've run Hakka's on all our cars for nearly 20 years and they haven't let us down. Haven't had a chance to see how these feel in crappy weather yet, but expect they'll work well.

Quick Reply: Show your colors! Pics of your new Allroad?