A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

2002 A4 PROBLEMS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 A4 PROBLEMS!!!!

OK, I visited this forum last year and posted my first problem which most of you took offense to. Most of you are Audi fanatics and don't want to hear anything negative in regards to them, but you need to OPEN your EYES!!! Few days after I brought my car home last October I noticed the first problem. Everytime I started the car it would cranck too many times before firing up. Took it in and first diagnoses indicted a faulty fuel pump. Got it replaced picked up my car and problem was still there. Took it in again, this time they said it was faulty injectors so they replace all my injector. Problem fixed. A couple of weeks later I go to start my car in my drive way and car's check engine light is flashing and car is shaking. I had to get it towed into my dealer. Diagnoses: ignition coil #1 went out, got it replaced, problem fixed. Today....driving on the freeway to go to work and all of a sudden car looses power and begins to shake and check engine light comes on. Diagnoses: ignition coil #1 went out again. All together, my car has been in for repairs about 6 times. I asked Audi to replace my car with a new one or give me my money back the last time this happened and they said no. Today, I contacted them again, filed a complaint with Consumer Affairs to invoke the Lemon Law. Oh, and get this, today while I was waiting for the tow truck at a Chevron station some A$$ hole reversed into my back bumper....luckily no damage to the car....let's just say I've had better days and better cars. So will I ever recommend Audi....HELL NO. I won't deny that when the car is problem free it is a dream to drive. But it's just not worth it. So I hate to burst anyones bubble, but Audi is not as reliable as you think. Just pray that these things don't happen to you!
Old 03-28-2002, 03:35 PM

So who makes the perfect car.....?
Old 03-28-2002, 03:38 PM

You are in the minority. You should qualify under the lemon law for a replacement.
Old 03-28-2002, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You will here these same type stories from every manufacturer.

It's not that we don't believe you and don't feel for you. We really do. You just can't base your decision on one bad experience. Sounds like you got a lemon. I saw a mercedes driving around that had lemon graphics all over the windows as well as the dealers name and how often the car had been in for problems (which was a lot!). I thought this was great cause it was really giving the dealer a bad name until they replaced the car. Real bad advertising. Maybe you should try it.
Good luck.
Old 03-28-2002, 03:52 PM

Default You MAY fall under the lemon law, but they are different in every state

In ours for instance you must have a problem that connot be repaired with in a reasonable amount of time. What is the reasonable amout? It doesn't say! That is how vague some of them are. Plus, some state do not have a lemon law.
Old 03-28-2002, 03:54 PM

Default I LOVE MY AUDI ! My eyes are open & I like what I see,

Get a life! Go complain somewere else.

Sorry about your luck. You new you would get a negative reaction here. People in this forum for the most part are Audi enthusiast. We would not buy these car if they broke down all the time. So you got a bad one you must have deserved it. Maybe God is trying to tell you something. I have had three Audis and not one has ever had the slightest problem. I will recomend Audis to everyone who isn't a whiny bitch like you.

Go get a Japanese car because they never break (right)!
Old 03-28-2002, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 228 Likes on 192 Posts
Default I sounds like your dealer was guessing at replacing parts...go to a better dealer!

Yes the coil problems were reported here and ithey look like they could be a common problem until Audi resolves it. But I seriously doubt that the injectors and fuel pump went on your car. It sounds like the techs were just guessing when the real problem was the coil.
Old 03-28-2002, 04:07 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wow, that sounds like a drag...

to have so many problems, so soon!
From what you've written, it seems you want to convince us about Audi's problems...but for many Audi owners, either they haven't upset the karma gods, or their cars are just built fairly well. I expect I'll be happy with my new Audi too
Old 03-28-2002, 04:20 PM

Default I think this guy is full of $h!t. He says its been in service "about" 6 times?

I think if my car was repaired 6 times I would know for sure it was 6 times(not about).

What a douche bag.

He's probally a jealous BMW owner who paid more for less.

ha ha ha
Old 03-28-2002, 04:22 PM
Elder Member

Default So it sounds like your car was misdiagnoised the first two times

That's not a Audi issue - it's a dealer issue. I would take the car to a different dealer to see if there is not some underlying cause of the ignition coils going bad.

Quick Reply: 2002 A4 PROBLEMS!!!!