A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Gilfberg's A4 Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gilfberg's A4 Build

Hello,
New to the Forum, but not Forums. I like to have a build thread of cars as I get them, why not do it here? I just bought my 2nd A4, the first was about a year ago, it was an 02 that I bought wrecked and fixed and sold. After selling it, I really missed it, and needed another one, but this time I am going to keep it. Lets start with the Purchase.

2004 A4 1.8T 6 Speed quattro with 185k Yea, its many miles, but miles don't scare me.

Name:  IMAG4983_zpsw6l1c2hx.jpg
Views: 9394
Size:  275.1 KB

T belt was just done (and gave me all old parts?)
Turbo was replaced (with stock) 2 years ago
replaced front pads
gave me brand new rear pads
clutch was replaced 2 years ago

current problems.
Check engine light on (intake temp sensor, just bought)
Washer fluid low light on (PO thought it was coolant, filled)
Brake sensor is on (new brakes, might bypass)
Slow (once all is fixed, will get tuned)
Needs tires (wheels and tires? or just tires?)
Rear speakers and sub not working
Sunvisor clip broke (had one from old car)
Center console lid broken
Oil leak.
Remote does not work

I got the car for $3200 and very happy with it over all, I really wanted black interior, and may change that later. I also with it was bose, and may look into changing that also.

If any of you guys are nice, feel free to give me some advice as I go on my problem areas.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

First problem I am giong to tackle, Speakers.

I know the Rear amp controls all the speakers, so my first thought is, The amp is bad. But, I have the tools, I decided to pull out the stock radio and see if it is all plugged in.

And I find this..
Name:  IMAG4978_zps2mio6ina.jpg
Views: 9128
Size:  288.2 KB

Name:  IMAG4979_zpsdoc56dt2.jpg
Views: 9351
Size:  163.0 KB

Name:  IMAG4980_zps7fc7yrf8.jpg
Views: 9219
Size:  153.8 KB

Name:  IMAG4981_zpsc92hhej3.jpg
Views: 9422
Size:  162.2 KB

Why??? Why?? Well I know the PO installed a Ipod interface that works amazing, and I am very happy with it, but did this make him untap the wires from the connector?

Well, I found out, The brown connector is for the speakers, all these are for the CD changer. I am told that is not my problem. If someone could verifiy that would be amazing.

So questions are..
1. Are those indeed for a cd changer?
2. Next I am thinking amp, and will check if it is getting power ETC, but can I use a Bose amp on a non bose radio? I plan on switching it all later, so could I buy a Bose, and would it just plug in and work?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Fob time..

First thing I do, is I put a new battery in it, and I have a fob tester, and it does put out a signal.
So I look into reprogramming it. I use this method Click and if tells me to press unlock, and turn key, wait 2 secs, turn key off and then relese unlock. This did not work for me.

2nd method needs 2 keys, and I only have 1. So, if anyone knows any other ways that would be amazing. I am going to maybe order one online, and see if I can get someone local to just cut it.

I wont need to program it, the last Audi I had, had a key issue, and for some reason it would not take anymore keys, so after spend 300 bucks on people trying and not getting any results, but still paying, I gave up. I take the immoblizer chip out, and glue it inside the column cover. Then, I learned, you have to take the chips out of every key you try and it worked great.