A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

2010:Is www.genuineaudiparts.com a legit site or scam? Anyone ordered from that site?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010:Is www.genuineaudiparts.com a legit site or scam? Anyone ordered from that site?

I've seen alot of sites same as genuineaudiparts.com, such as www.audiwholesaleparts.com, www.audiwholesaleparts.com, www.audipartssuperstore.com, why they all are the same?
And where can i order the Shifter Cover Assembly (Console cover assembly) from?
Old 02-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ordered from GenuineAudiParts and I can assure you they are totally legit. They're great for acquiring specific, and at times unusual, Audi parts that general online auto parts stores do not carry or even recognize.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, legit, they are the online VW/Audi store of Miramar Audi dealer in San Diego, CA.

I've found their prices to be less than my local Audi dealer even with the shipping cost.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by socalclimber
Yes, legit, they are the online VW/Audi store of Miramar Audi dealer in San Diego, CA.

I've found their prices to be less than my local Audi dealer even with the shipping cost.
Ditto. Recently bought a seat back repair kit for far less than another major online retailer.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Genuine site, insecure transaction

The problem with genuineaudiparts.com is that their checkout process is insecure. They could fix it easily, it's just an incorrect reference in their SSL certificate. But if you shop at http://www.genuineaudiparts.com, add products to your cart, then "Checkout", you'll see that the SSL cert is invalid. It's registered for the non-www version of their domain name. However, if you try to shop at http://genuineaudiparts.com, the checkout process never even enters SSL (no "https", no SSL lock = insecure).

Their catalog and prices are great, but IMO not worth exposing your personal/credit card date over unencrypted communications.

I wish they'd fix it. I've had success purchasing from ECS, but it took 4 weeks to get the item shipped/delivered!
Old 02-27-2011, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good catch! These days is hard to believe a shopping website doesn't secure it's transactions... I wonder if they are even aware of this issue?
Even the login and account information should be secured.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just ordered a window regulator, oil dipstick, and breather hose from them with no problems at all. And they got great prices and shipping was fast.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by socalclimber

I'm going to necro this because I am looking for a reliable but cheaper Audi parts option than my local stealership. genuineaudiparts.com is probably not miramar audi from san diego because their website is registered to:

Organization: Kuni Automotive
Mailing Address: 17800 Southeast Mill Plain Boulevard #190, Vancouver Washington 98683 US

I tried calling Kuni but haven't been able to speak with anyone yet.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ssingh
I've seen alot of sites same as genuineaudiparts.com, such as www.audiwholesaleparts.com, www.audiwholesaleparts.com, Prime Parts Superstore Closures, why they all are the same?
And where can i order the Shifter Cover Assembly (Console cover assembly) from?
If you PM me your VIN, i can get you a part number and price from us
Old 08-18-2017, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I dont' see a way to edit my post -

genuineaudiparts.com IS audi in San Diego. I suppose the ownership group is huge and located in a different state.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Quick Reply: 2010:Is www.genuineaudiparts.com a legit site or scam? Anyone ordered from that site?