A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5
Old 07-22-2016, 02:27 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A4 (B7) Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Drivers Side Window Motor/Controller Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 05:54 AM
PWR
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers Side Window Motor/Controller Questions

Let me preface these questions with the fact that I don't have any manuals nor do I have a VAC-COM diagnostics tool. The fix may be obvious to those who work on these cars on a regular basis and I have my theory, but I just want to verify my suspicions.

Problem: Nothing on the my wife's 2006 A4 driver's side door works. Windows, door locks,gas tank door switch ...etc.

Assumption: Driver's side window controller/motor is defective and after pulling the interior door panel off I'm assuming all of the door's controls/actions are control via this window regulator.

Question: Is my assumption true? Does the window controller/motor control all of the door controls on a 2006 A4?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by PWR; 04-25-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wouldn't think so, but could be wrong. By what you are describing it sounds more like a power interuption to that door. Have you checked the fuses and made sure power is getting over there? Also, are the wires coming into the door all going to the window regulator? If so then you might be right.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:35 AM
PWR
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rhodes991
I wouldn't think so, but could be wrong. By what you are describing it sounds more like a power interuption to that door. Have you checked the fuses and made sure power is getting over there? Also, are the wires coming into the door all going to the window regulator? If so then you might be right.
That would be correct, most of the wires come into a little black box labelled Seimens/VDO and then exit this little black box and are connected to the different switches in the door.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interesting. Sounds like that is a control module of some type. Can you confirm power is getting to it? Sorry, not going to be much help I am afraid.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:43 PM
PWR
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rhodes991
Interesting. Sounds like that is a control module of some type. Can you confirm power is getting to it? Sorry, not going to be much help I am afraid.
Power is there as the little red light, for the security system, on the door is constantly on. There is no obvious damage to the wiring harness or anything other part. I can lock the all of the other doors using the passenger door as well as operate all of the other windows using their respective controls, but nothing in the drivers door works.

It's difficult to do the diagnosis without a manual or something like a VAG-COM.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hum. The owners manual wouldn't be much help as they do not show that much detail. Hopefully someone else with more knowledge can chime in. My want to call an Audi dealer and just ask the service department if they have seen thsi before. Most liely they will want oyu to bring it in, but sometimes they can be helpful. Best of luck.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My '06 is having driver side window problems too as of a month ago. I just reached 67k. It almost sounds like there is something down in between the window and the door but that would be weird. All of my other functions work on that side. Window operates but the pinch sensor licks in like something is setting it off and sounds like the glass is broken but it isn't. Dealer knows about, I am out of warranty though and wanted to try and figure it out on my own or a reasonable repair shop locally. Heck, I am just happy they finally fixed my camshaft, hpfp, follower and headlight after 20k miles. It was all covered for the campaign they are issuing soon for cam follower problem. Did u take your door panel off? U can't really tell without getting into the wiring right?
Old 05-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well now the passenger side window is shot. Rears are working even from the front switches. Audi Independent repair shop says it could possibly be the regulator or something else interupting the power. Quoted up to $500 each or could be much lower if the problem is something else with the electric. He did say the regulators on these cars are a known problem. Gotta say only having 67k on the car, this is getting ridiculous.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Driver side window, electrical problems.

Hi, I am a newbie and smitten with my Audi tt. BUT.....driving along and my window suddenly starts making odd little electrical noises. It's actually going up to the rim, as it should when you shut the door, but then coming down again very lightly. Then it does it on and off as driving along. Does this mean delving into the door ?