A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

P0455 Default Code

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0455 Default Code

Hey Guys,

Got a Eng Malfunction warning light this week and had it checked. Code comes back P0455. Have read some on this (Evaporative Emmissions Leak) and checked the fuel cap to make certain properly screwed on. Haven't cleared code yet (assuming best way is to detach battery for a short time - any better suggestions appreciated)to check if this has resolved problem, but assuming it doesn't, hoping to get any info anyone might have that has dealt with this previously. In particular, what is the best way to approach on DIY basis (check A, then B, then C, etc). Alternatively, what kind of costs might I be looking at to have it checked and then worst case (e.g. charcoal canister replacement). Is this something easy enough for DIY? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this first because it happens to me all the !@#$% time!

When I get gas, if I'm not careful with the pump, a "bump" pretty far up the nozzle (which I'm guessing is there to stop the nozzle from going in any further) will go past the lip of the fuel fill tube. When this happens, it always ends the same way. The nozzle gets stuck and I have to wrestle it out. In the process, the bottom of the fuel fill tube gets bent up just enough to keep the fuel cap from seating properly. A few miles later the check engine light comes on. I beat the bent part back to straight(ish) with a screwdriver and hammer and 50 miles later the check engine light goes off. One of these days I'm going to figure out a way to cut the piece off that gets bent up.