A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

A4 2.0T StaSIS tune feedback

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 2.0T StaSIS tune feedback

Was wondering whether anyone out there has had any issues with the Touring Tune from StaSIS on their B8 A4 2.0T. Most of the posts I have read speak very positive about the results of the tune. Since I am concerned like most regarding my new car warranty, I will only consider getting it done from an Audi/StaSIS Certified dealer. Any negatives experiences?

Just a FYI, I did some research into the warranty issue. The StaSIS warranty runs concurrent with the 4yr/50k Audi new car warranty. However, it's still a third party warranty. Technically, there is no relationship with Audi North America and StaSIS. Several dealerships around the country have elected to offer StaSIS upgrades and have become "certified dealers". This means your Audi/StaSIS dealer will take the lead and call StaSIS if a problem arises which they believe is not an Audi issue. Audi can still deny a warranty claim if they feel the problem is due to the StaSIS tune. That all being said, you would think the product would have to be pretty good if numerous Audi dealers have elected to offer these upgrades. They clearly would not want the headache of a poorly performing upgrade that caused warranty issues. Net Net, it's still a third party warranty. IMPORTANT, if you elect to use an Independent Performance Center from StaSIS, you only have a 12 months/12k mile warranty, even on a new car.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Bravo

Few people actually research how the Stasis warranty works. I like being able to roll into any Stasis certified dealer and have service and repairs done without any concerns. I have had my share of warranty work done over the past couple years and it has always been seamless. If I hadn't asked, I would not even have been aware of how the warranty process for Stasis parts was handled. Not bad for a modified car to be covered under a warranty for 4yrs/50k miles (assuming that you have the modifications made at/around time of purchase).

Highly recommend, if you enjoy driving.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

just get the tune! ;-)
Old 10-13-2011, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

The only word of caution I have is, the extra torque down low might actually make low-speed drivability worse. Trying to do stop and go traffic without breaking your passengers' necks will take a bit of getting used to -- from idle to 1200RPM it feels like a smart car, and then out of nowhere the torque instantly rushes in
Old 10-13-2011, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the replies guys. Right now, I don't have a Certified Audi StaSIS dealer within 2.5 hours of where I live in Northern VA. Believe it or not, StaSIS is only 50 minutes from where I live. They won't do the tune direct. Even if they did, not sure how the warranty would play out. For various reasons, all my local Audi dealers are not on board with StaSIS. I am just not willing to risk having this done without the warranty (4yr/50k). And the longer I wait, the shorter my warranty will be since it runs concurrent with my new car warranty. If I only had a year left on the warranty, I'd take it to the local StaSIS Independent Performance Centers 20 minutes from here.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

The matching warranty is not in effect if Stasis performs the install. Seems crazy. I took my Avant to their old Infineon Raceway headquarters the day after I bought it and they told me that they could do it but that it wouldn't be part of the 4/50 warranty unless it was installed at a Stasis authorized dealer. I also opted to wait and go to the dealer. I was fortunate to only go 75 miles to get the work done.

It's amazing that there are no dealers near their new HQ.

Best of luck to you.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by QUA77R0
I also opted to wait and go to the dealer.
Just out of curiosity, how much are the Audi/Stasis dealers charging for the Touring Tune?
I went to my local dealer (only 10 miles away) and was quoted close to $1,800.00!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wpg2.0T
Just out of curiosity, how much are the Audi/Stasis dealers charging for the Touring Tune?
I went to my local dealer (only 10 miles away) and was quoted close to $1,800.00!!!
I was quoted $1,600