A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

DOES IT EXIST???

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DOES IT EXIST???

So i got my 2010 A4 2.0T, have 700 miles on it, and looking to pop a Milltek exhaust on it. According to local shops, its NOT even made yet for the B8 2010 A4, only the 2010 B8 S4 is it available. Does anyone know anything about this?? Or should i just go with the STaSIS exhaust and call it a day?? Please respond!!
Old 06-12-2010, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Miltek has not yet released a system for the 2.0T yet. Rumor has it that they're close, though...

Have you considered AWE or the soon to be released APR solutions?

Last edited by ThePiombino; 06-12-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

I asked them in October 09 and they said
We are currently finalising our development program for the B8 A4 and S4.
We will have products available within 1-2 months on the website.
I checked again in late January 10 and they said:
With the release of the A4 B8 system we have set the date back so that we can carry out further development to fully incorporate all of the valance options available from Audi.
We are now expecting the release to be made within the first quarter of this year.
April 27th, I email once more...
Due to a number of high profile development projects the B8 A4 development is still ongoing.
I would advise keeping an eye on the Milltek Sport website for all future product releases and information.
Who knows if/when Milltek will finally release an exhaust for the B8 A4... I like the AWE, but wanted to see what Milltek might bring to the table. I'm just about tired of waiting though and will probably go with AWE.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bunn
I asked them in October 09 and they said

I checked again in late January 10 and they said:

April 27th, I email once more...

Who knows if/when Milltek will finally release an exhaust for the B8 A4... I like the AWE, but wanted to see what Milltek might bring to the table. I'm just about tired of waiting though and will probably go with AWE.
HAHA, I hear ya, buddy! It really can be frustrating with some of these tuners. I guess with the new B8 platform and being a relatively early adopter, as as being part of a relatively smaller enthusiast group, we are forced to sit by idly waiting for stuff like this =0(

When I first started looking into aftermarket exhausts I decided I wanted Milltek as well. However, due to a number of reasons (most notably its lack of availability, lol) I've decided to go with the AWE dual outlet single tip system. I just put a deposit down this week. Everything I've read about this system is very encouraging, especially since they've largely addressed the droning issue with an updated midpipe.

Just a couple thoughts...
Old 06-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thats my issue with AWE is the drone. I dont want to be cruising on the highway and get a headache from my exhaust drone. I heard a Milltek on a 2008 A4 and it was sweet, just enough for my taste. I am curious to hear what a STaSiS sounds like, but no one in my area has one (which is one reason i might invest in it), but i would like to hear it first. Maybe i'll sit on it for a bit.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nicholasG78
Thats my issue with AWE is the drone. I dont want to be cruising on the highway and get a headache from my exhaust drone. I heard a Milltek on a 2008 A4 and it was sweet, just enough for my taste. I am curious to hear what a STaSiS sounds like, but no one in my area has one (which is one reason i might invest in it), but i would like to hear it first. Maybe i'll sit on it for a bit.
I think AWE has fixed the drone issue with their latest version of the exhaust (they're on like version 3 now).
Old 06-13-2010, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bunn
I think AWE has fixed the drone issue with their latest version of the exhaust (they're on like version 3 now).
That's correct. This has been confirmed by a # of members on AZ. This was what I was waiting for before I pulled the trigger- which I just did. Getting installed in about 3 weeks- VERY excited!
Old 06-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ThePiombino
That's correct. This has been confirmed by a # of members on AZ. This was what I was waiting for before I pulled the trigger- which I just did. Getting installed in about 3 weeks- VERY excited!
I'm assuming you're gonna do this anyways, but I'll go ahead and ask. Please post after you get the AWE installed and let us know your thoughts.

Thanks.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Moonjo
I'm assuming you're gonna do this anyways, but I'll go ahead and ask. Please post after you get the AWE installed and let us know your thoughts.

Thanks.
LOL- you know I will!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

you know, i want to wait the 3 weeks to hear what you have to say!!! But, everytime i get on it i am mistakingly thinking its gonna sound throatier (is that even a word??), and i need to have that sound on the car, minus the drone. Hopefully it comes sooner than 3 weeks, what are you going with dual single outlets or the quad tips?? I was sold on the duals, but after looking at the pics on AWE, the quads look beefier!!!

Quick Reply: DOES IT EXIST???