A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Android Auto

Old 03-20-2018, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Android Auto

Hope someone can help me out, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 running 7.0 and I recently deleted Android auto from my phone in the app tray ( yes I'm stupid) by mistake, I went to the App Store to reinstall and it's saying it's not compatible with my phone, is there any way to install the older version? Can not play Pandora on the MMI and it's killing me. Can anybody help me out thanks.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

https://www.apkmirror.com/
Old 03-21-2018, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

That's a bit strange since AA only requires a device with 5.0 or higher. If yours is running 7.0 then there must be something else preventing it from running the latest version. Are you on a custom ROM?
Old 03-21-2018, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by exmeaguy
Thanks for the reply, Took a little searching but I found version that downloaded to my Note 5 . I will try to connect to the MMI later today . Thanks again. I'll keep you posted
Old 03-22-2018, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by exmeaguy

I downloaded Android auto from APK, then I connected via USB to the MMI hit accept and said I could not install update Android auto not compatible with my device. Again I have a Galaxy Note 5 running 7.0 don't know why Android auto will not install on my device, thanks for the help
Old 03-22-2018, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I dont believe in this case you can simply use an older APK to get around the problem because Google will force you to the latest version when the app start. Like I said your phone and OS version is *supposed* to be supported.

It seems that this has been an issue for a number of Samsung phones. The late update (Feb 24) resolved the issues for *some* of the Samsung devices, so maybe yours is still affected by the issue mentioned in the article below:

[Updated] Android Auto goes incompatible with Samsung's flagships, Google is looking into it - PiunikaWeb
Old 03-22-2018, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PPOPHIL

I downloaded Android auto from APK, then I connected via USB to the MMI hit accept and said I could not install update Android auto not compatible with my device. Again I have a Galaxy Note 5 running 7.0 don't know why Android auto will not install on my device, thanks for the help
I'm not following what you are doing. Delete the current version of AA from your phone, download the app to your PC, move the APK file to your phone, and then install the app. Turn off auto update in the Google playstore. Beyond that I don't know if you will have any compatibility issues with the Note 5 being an older phone.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'll try downloading it to my PC. Thanks
Old 03-22-2018, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Turned off auto update in the Google Play Store and try downloading it to my PC, still not working could not don't download it to my PC it stated it was not compatible with this device. Very frustrating
Old 04-04-2018, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

FWIW Android Auto checks for the latest versions of itself and required apps when its started for the first time. This is done independently of the Play Store setting for auto-updating -- so sideloading the APK won't solve this problem unfortunately.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Android Auto