A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

B&O Speaker Rattle in the A4

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&O Speaker Rattle in the A4

Im sorry if this was posted before (I haven't been able to find a thread for the A4) but does anyone else experience a lot of speaker rattle and some distortion from the B&O speaker system? I have a 2017 B9 Audi A4 and have told the dealer about it, but they haven't done anything about it.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zark Nasir
Im sorry if this was posted before (I haven't been able to find a thread for the A4) but does anyone else experience a lot of speaker rattle and some distortion from the B&O speaker system? I have a 2017 B9 Audi A4 and have told the dealer about it, but they haven't done anything about it.
My center speaker would rattle when I would listen to podcasts. My car was going in anyway and they replaced the tweeter in the center.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

My rear drivers speaker would rattle bad at first.. but Audi fixed it and it was due to vibrations in the D pillar. Also front passenger door had some vibrations at low speeds in 2nd gear and sometimes sounded like the door speaker was blown out during low bass frequencies. I brought it in three or four times before they finally fixed it right and now it’s good. I still notice very little vibrations in the rear drivers side speaker when voices speak over the radio at low volume or low frequency, so I’ll compalin about that again when I bring her in for her 20k service.

In all, Audi has been very cool about taking her in to fix any vibrations and noises in the stereo and cabin and they’ve done a good job. Just keep on bringing it in
Old 01-16-2019, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for that, im going to try for the 3rd time. Hopefully they fix it.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by black.cat
My rear drivers speaker would rattle bad at first.. but Audi fixed it and it was due to vibrations in the D pillar. Also front passenger door had some vibrations at low speeds in 2nd gear and sometimes sounded like the door speaker was blown out during low bass frequencies. I brought it in three or four times before they finally fixed it right and now it’s good. I still notice very little vibrations in the rear drivers side speaker when voices speak over the radio at low volume or low frequency, so I’ll compalin about that again when I bring her in for her 20k service.

In all, Audi has been very cool about taking her in to fix any vibrations and noises in the stereo and cabin and they’ve done a good job. Just keep on bringing it in
^^ Im curious what work was done for your front door? My front doors buzz at certain bass frequencies, but for me it sounds more like undamped paneling than blown speakers. If I press the door pull-handle outward (towards the outside of the car) the buzzing stops. There's an older thread here where someone took the door panel off and posted pictures showing how absent the doors are of damping material.

Originally Posted by DizzyA4
My center speaker would rattle when I would listen to podcasts. My car was going in anyway and they replaced the tweeter in the center.
^^ Did that solve the rattle? I've noticed buzzing from the center dash speaker too sometimes with male voices.

Buzzing from the rear shelf where the subwoofer lives is a common complaint. I had my car in for the first oil change service and complained about this. Apparently there's a TSB for this (maybe not a surprise there). According to my receipt they added insulation to "every clip in the rear shelf" and added foam under the rear shelf cover. The buzzing is reduced but still pretty noticeable. The service rep said they got it as quiet as they could which I interpret as, "please don't complain about this again". Im kind of disappointed but not surprised.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My driver doors B&O sub blew out and was replaced under warranty. Never really cranked it that loud either, the voice coil burned out. It made some real annoying noises that could sound rattly I suppose.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My front center speaker gets terrible resonance and distortion issues on certain hertz. I need to make an appt to get it replaced asap, it's quite annoying.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Rear Deck Speaker Rattles A3

I am having similar issues with my speakers. They have been rattling for months. The car has been in at least 5 times for the same issue. Now Audi is claiming there is nothing more they can do. They are trying to pass the buck, claiming that my window tinting company removed the d pillars causing the speakers to rattle. (Window tinters don’t remove d pillars by the way...already confirmed this). But, ironically, Audi removed my d pillars during one of their repair attempts...hmmm. I paid extra for the BandO system that was supposed to be superior to the regular system it came with. Now, every time I get in my car and play music it sounds like crap. It definitely affects my experience with Audi and the pleasure of driving my car....and I am reminded of the issue every single day that I drive it. I have a 2002 car with a factory system that sounds better than my upgraded Audi system. I am frustrated beyond belief and am planning on writing whatever letters I need to to rectify this issue. They either have sold me a defective system that this car cannot handle or they don’t have the competence to fix it...either way, it is not acceptable. Sounds like they have been having this problem for several years too...and they are still selling this to their customers. Shame on you Audi!
Old 11-25-2019, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Jennifer Palmer
I am having similar issues with my speakers. They have been rattling for months. The car has been in at least 5 times for the same issue. Now Audi is claiming there is nothing more they can do. They are trying to pass the buck, claiming that my window tinting company removed the d pillars causing the speakers to rattle. (Window tinters don’t remove d pillars by the way...already confirmed this). But, ironically, Audi removed my d pillars during one of their repair attempts...hmmm. I paid extra for the BandO system that was supposed to be superior to the regular system it came with. Now, every time I get in my car and play music it sounds like crap. It definitely affects my experience with Audi and the pleasure of driving my car....and I am reminded of the issue every single day that I drive it. I have a 2002 car with a factory system that sounds better than my upgraded Audi system. I am frustrated beyond belief and am planning on writing whatever letters I need to to rectify this issue. They either have sold me a defective system that this car cannot handle or they don’t have the competence to fix it...either way, it is not acceptable. Sounds like they have been having this problem for several years too...and they are still selling this to their customers. Shame on you Audi!
I'm lucky that, other than a little buzz here or there, my door speakers don't act up much. However, the subwoofer is all but useless because of the constant rattling and thudding sounds. The Audi dealer checked it out and found nothing wrong, but they concluded it's a design flaw. There isn't enough reinforcement in the back shelf area to prevent hardware and various trim pieces from vibrating/resonating. My solution is to set the sub at a very low level and deal with less bass than I'd prefer.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In the process of tring to get the dealer to stop the rattling in the rear parcel shelf at certain frequencys, If I put my hand on it I can make it stop. But it seems like the whole shelf.and d pillars make it happen.

they are working on it this week, but so far got sub control added at least

Quick Reply: B&O Speaker Rattle in the A4