A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Passenger Mirror Dipping when in Reverse Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Passenger Mirror Dipping when in Reverse Issue

Today I tried out the curb view programming for passenger side mirror just like this video described:

the first time I got it worked, but the angle is off so I wanted to adjust it. Then I redo the steps just like I how got it worked the first time, however this time the mirror won't move when I toggle the adjuster??? (I was sure I put the gear in R, parking brake is on, adjuster set to passenger side). so i had to shut off the car and restart for passenger side mirror to be able to move again when toggle the ***. But then when I put the gear in R, it was stuck again? It is so weird, the driver's side moves fine regardless of what gear Im in, and passenger side won't move in Reverse? Wonder if anyone has seen this issue
Old 05-04-2017, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ChewingIce
Today I tried out the curb view programming for passenger side mirror just like this video described:
Programming the Curb View Mirror

the first time I got it worked, but the angle is off so I wanted to adjust it. Then I redo the steps just like I how got it worked the first time, however this time the mirror won't move when I toggle the adjuster??? (I was sure I put the gear in R, parking brake is on, adjuster set to passenger side). so i had to shut off the car and restart for passenger side mirror to be able to move again when toggle the ***. But then when I put the gear in R, it was stuck again? It is so weird, the driver's side moves fine regardless of what gear Im in, and passenger side won't move in Reverse? Wonder if anyone has seen this issue
I had that issue once a while back. All I did was let the car rest over night. Next day, everything was perfect and it never happened since.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

I had a problem with my passenger side mirror, too. It wasn't tilting enough so that I could see the curb. So I followed the instructions in the video exactly like they described, and for the life of me, I just could not get it to work.

I must have tried and retried the procedure at least 10 times, and finally, when I was just about to give up, it worked.

Meanwhile, I wish I could automatically get the driver's side to dip when I pull up to an ATM! I'm so worried I'm going to scrape my rims on the high curb they have.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

After trying at least 100 times of this, i finally found a solution:
my problem is whenever my gear is in R, the passenger side mirror just won't move as i toggle the **** (not sure if this is a defect); however i noticed if im in D or N, it moves fines, so I kept the gear in D then toggle passenger mirror to my desired dipping spot, as the mirror is still in the process of tilting, I quickly shift from D to R (kinda like carry the momentum of its ability to move into R), once im in R the mirror continues to move to my desired spot. and the rest works just the way it suppose to
Old 05-10-2017, 04:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hy all,

i try this but when i put the car in R the passenger mirror is Is being blocked (i can not to set it). Any suggestion?
Old 05-15-2017, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am getting this problem too. Very strange. It seems like no matter what I do, I can't move the passenger mirror while in reverse, and dip is no longer functional. I have the switch set on R, when attempting to use the feature.

I do remember the dip function working at one time, and I was once able to adjust the mirror while in reverse. I tried the suggestion of trying to quickly trying to shift into reverse, and carry the momentum of the mirror movement over, so far it didn't work for me.

I wonder if there's a way to set the position through VAG, than go through all this trouble. This sounds like a software problem to me.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by acetwenty8
I tried the suggestion of trying to quickly trying to shift into reverse, and carry the momentum of the mirror movement over, so far it didn't work for me.
As I remembered, before I quickly shift into Reverse, I had to make sure the mirror can move in D first, then keep the **** toggled to make the mirror moving while quickly shift to R.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Guys. If you keep experiencing this issue, take it to your dealer. In my car, even in reverse, I can adjust the right ORVM however I want and when I leave it there, the next time I put it in R, the mirror moves to the setting I left it in.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi there,
is this feature available on all A4 B9?
Old 08-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Lowly Premiums, too?

I'd like to second that last question because I have an entry-level Premium and since I've never been able to get the curb view programming to work I've been assuming that one must have a Premium Plus or a Prestige to have this feature working. So does anyone know - as vibeup asked - if this feature is available on all A4 B9s?

Quick Reply: Passenger Mirror Dipping when in Reverse Issue