A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Finally Joined the Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Joined the Club

Just picked up delivery of our new A4 Technik with S-Line Black Package (I'm Canadian ) The dealer had it in the corner of the showroom...We joked with our SA saying you let other people touch our car?!?! Funny there were 4 other cars being picked up as well and a majority of them in Ibis White but our White and Black combo stood out the moment we walked in!

I was initially going to go for Quantum Grey but had to wait for it and it didn't look that nice in person so I chose it in Ibis White. The White and Black combo does make it stand out more than just the regular Ibis White. It's my panda a4
The rims that came with the Canadian Black package is pretty good looking, these 5-arm rotor rims are really growing on me and this design screams Audi to me and it matches quite nice with the Ibis White.
I only drive in the 19s for only a couple of KMs but man they ride nice, quiet and smooth. Surprisingly I thought I was going to get the Hankook but the tires are actual Continental Sport Contact 6 - haven't read much reviews on it but so far so good!
What really surprised me was when I put on the winters, the 17s didn't look too small at all. The rims are matte black and they are on the Blizzak LM-32 - the noise level did increase a little bit but the A4 is still one quiet car.

I thought the sport suspension on the S-Line would be a little bit harsh but it is actually very comfy. Comparing to our NX with F-Sport - the A4 makes the bumps all on the road not as noticeable. Coming from a '15 Civic, the A4 has so much power, I don't have to floor it to change lanes on the highway now or on the regular roads. The side mirrors are a little small for my liking not sure if I can even put the 2 circle mirrors on it but the side assist is pretty cool - still need figure out how that works.

One thing that I really don't like is the quality of the backup camera. I didn't noticed it at first on the test drive but the quality of the camera is quite weak. I think our old Civic had a better camera than the A4 in terms of resolution.

The dealer didn't actually rip off my B&O metal trim part which was nice since I didn't want to pick up a car with some ugly glue and scratched up speaker grill. My car was build in 08/17 and it didn't get the outside usb port next to the 12V...really weird.

Does anyone have experience with HomeLink? I would like to set up HomeLink for the A4 but would setting it up delete our NX's configuration? This is the first time we have 2 cars with HomeLink.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats! Sweet ride! I'm quite pleased with the camera in my P+, though this is my first car with a camera so I have no point of reference.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats on new ride!! Judging from your pics the cars absolutely stands out!! I placed an order 3 weeks ago at Pfaff Audi for mine but in Glacier white. I'm coming from a civic as well and I can't wait to get my A4 panda. Where about did you get your winters? I'm currently looking at some myself before the car arrives.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

+1 Another A4 Panda - You will love this car!

I got mine at Automotive Import Market (AIM) in Markham - they were having a special deal on the Blizzak LM-32 so I got those instead of the WS80 or the X-ice 3.
If you are ordering this car, how long is the wait for it to come in? I really wanted to add the adaptive suspension, HUD and the heated rear seats like yourself but I had to get what was available during the private sales
Old 12-04-2017, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SNGGA

I got mine at Automotive Import Market (AIM) in Markham - they were having a special deal on the Blizzak LM-32 so I got those instead of the WS80 or the X-ice 3.
If you are ordering this car, how long is the wait for it to come in? I really wanted to add the adaptive suspension, HUD and the heated rear seats like yourself but I had to get what was available during the private sales
I think ordering takes at least 3 months. I also want adaptive suspension, heated rear seats, Daytona Grey, possibly black package.

I'm also 50/50 on the HUD. It looks really cool but I'm still having a hard time justifying the price, especially since the Audi cockpit display can display the same things. And knowing Canadian winter roads, cracked windshields are a common site and I think fixing HUD windshields are more expensive because its not a regular windshield.

Lastly, I've been following the Canadian government's stance on allowing MATRIX LED in Canada and if approved, I will definitely wait for next years model to get it (if Audi sells it to us, but I see why not)!
Old 12-04-2017, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg
I think ordering takes at least 3 months. I also want adaptive suspension, heated rear seats, Daytona Grey, possibly black package.

I'm also 50/50 on the HUD. It looks really cool but I'm still having a hard time justifying the price, especially since the Audi cockpit display can display the same things. And knowing Canadian winter roads, cracked windshields are a common site and I think fixing HUD windshields are more expensive because its not a regular windshield.

Lastly, I've been following the Canadian government's stance on allowing MATRIX LED in Canada and if approved, I will definitely wait for next years model to get it (if Audi sells it to us, but I see why not)!
HUD definitely looks cool but I find the VC sufficient enough - it's so attractive to look at and play around lol coming from a civic I got really used to looking at the speed at eye level since the civic had the 2 dash approach
I really wish Audi would just give us the rear heated seats for the Canadian market...I mean we do get winter here and it can get quite cold! Surprisingly when I was at the dealer shopping for this car - I didn't notice any with rear heated seats.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks I'll definitely check out AIM and see if I can grab some winters there. I'm expecting to take delivery sometime in mid-late February, it's going to be an excruciatingly long wait. I'm still waiting on my production date.

I'll be following it's progress the entire time until it's in my driveway. I'm like a little kid patiently waiting for xmas to arrive so I can get my present! ha ha
Old 12-04-2017, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My BMW had HUD and so does my A4. The BMW had a few chips in the windshield from rocks and what not and repairing it was free under insurance. If you find yourself needing to completely replace the windshield, yeah it'll be a little more expensive than a typical windshield.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

HUD definitely looks cool but I find the VC sufficient enough - it's so attractive to look at and play around lol coming from a civic I got really used to looking at the speed at eye level since the civic had the 2 dash approach
I really wish Audi would just give us the rear heated seats for the Canadian market...I mean we do get winter here and it can get quite cold! Surprisingly when I was at the dealer shopping for this car - I didn't notice any with rear heated seats.
Yeah, absolutely no A4's in the dealer lots have heated rear seats. I asked them why, and they said rear heated seats are for custom orders only. Which is bizarre...
Old 12-04-2017, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, absolutely no A4's in the dealer lots have heated rear seats. I asked them why, and they said rear heated seats are for custom orders only. Which is bizarre...
I mean even economy cars have rear heated seats...I know Audi is a luxury brand and everything comes at a cost but here in Canada I think it should be standard at least maybe for the Technik
We also don't get the acoustic windows too...

Quick Reply: Finally Joined the Club