A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Leasing experts opinion needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leasing experts opinion needed

Looking to lease an A4 Season of Audi with MSRP $45,925. Live in NYC. Best offer: $2700 at signing (NYS tax, all fees, 1st payment) and $399/month thereafter. 12k/36 months. First time leasing - does this sound like a reasonable deal? Thanks!
Old 03-21-2017, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

No matter what. Do not put money down. Mine down is money gone (salvadors words, not mine).
Go to edmunds.com, register there and check out the Audi A4 forums. Ask the experts there for the best MF right now. Give them this MSRP and ask them what you should be paying with zero down.
And then go talk to the dealer.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
No matter what. Do not put money down. Mine down is money gone (salvadors words, not mine).
Go to edmunds.com, register there and check out the Audi A4 forums. Ask the experts there for the best MF right now. Give them this MSRP and ask them what you should be paying with zero down.
That's actually a good deal. He's not putting any money down, just inceptions. There's a difference, money down is cap cost reduction, which isn't recommended typically, but inceptions(taxes and fees) are normal. I personally did a lease with just first month out of pocket but that's only because I didn't have the ability to to put the fees and taxes up front too.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

What is the selling price of the car?
Old 03-22-2017, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lipak23
Looking to lease an A4 Season of Audi with MSRP $45,925. Live in NYC. Best offer: $2700 at signing (NYS tax, all fees, 1st payment) and $399/month thereafter. 12k/36 months. First time leasing - does this sound like a reasonable deal? Thanks!
Sounds like a solid deal. In NYC tax gets collected at the beginning so those $2,700 are going towards tax and inceptions (dealer fee, bank fee, etc). You can roll the $2,700 onto your monthly payment and should go up by...like $65.

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Exactly, money down is money gone lol. But in this case NYC collects taxes at the beginning...in this deal I'm gonna speculate that at least $1,200 are going towards taxes and the rest towards inceptions like dealer fee, bank fee, tag, etc, etc. Here in Miami when we get zero down offers that means any cash put down besides inceptions, so one goes ready to at least pay $2K in inceptions or roll the inceptions into the lease payment.

Originally Posted by HyperS4
That's actually a good deal. He's not putting any money down, just inceptions. There's a difference, money down is cap cost reduction, which isn't recommended typically, but inceptions(taxes and fees) are normal. I personally did a lease with just first month out of pocket but that's only because I didn't have the ability to to put the fees and taxes up front too.
Correct, great deal given the whole deal of tax and inceptions upfront.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good deal.

sounds like you got >10% off MSRP and an RV of around 60% with a standard MF. maybe some incentives were applied with SoA to help out.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by HyperS4
You are right. I thought he was putting money down.

It looks like an excellent deal to me!!!
Old 03-22-2017, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for your advice. I had the dealer email me the contract and these are the numbers for my 2017 Season of Audi A4:

.00043 MF, 58% residual, adjusted cap cost is $39,280, $399/month

As for the $2700 due at signing, it covers all New York taxes, lease acquisition fee, title and tag fees, admin/doc fees, and the 1st monthly payment.

As for incentives, I received $750 cash back (which is why I am paying $2700 at signing instead of $3450).

Per Vipin's advice, I confirmed on Edmonds that the MF and residual is correct.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by lipak23
Thank you all for your advice. I had the dealer email me the contract and these are the numbers for my 2017 Season of Audi A4:

.00043 MF, 58% residual, adjusted cap cost is $39,280, $399/month

As for the $2700 due at signing, it covers all New York taxes, lease acquisition fee, title and tag fees, admin/doc fees, and the 1st monthly payment.

As for incentives, I received $750 cash back (which is why I am paying $2700 at signing instead of $3450).

Per Vipin's advice, I confirmed on Edmonds that the MF and residual is correct.
With zero money down, it looks like a really good deal to me!! $400 for an A4 is an excellent deal.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a good deal. Im in NYC also , am leasing a season of audi a4 and im paying $10 more a month. No money down

Quick Reply: Leasing experts opinion needed