Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2012 A6

Old 01-13-2012, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2012 A6

Just picked my brand new 2012 a6 prestige with innovation and coldweather package yesterday. I flew into new york from pittsburgh and got to drive the car for a good 7 hours on the way home. Being a former A8 owner and my A8 was brand new 2004(with 150,000 miles when i sold it) kept me loyal to the audi brand.

The new technology is where it's at
Laser(adaptive cruise) cruise control
Side warning
heads up display
LED headlights
The whole MMI set up is heads and shoulders above what i had before. While i was at the dealer i debated a demo 2011 A8 and the salespeople(multiple People) talked me out of spending only a few thousand more.

The difference between a older A8 and the new a6 is like the Model T to a modern car. The difference between a 2012 A6 and any other car on the road is staggering.

I had 7 hours to play with settings and cant even scratch the surface, Lights go on outside when someone pulls in front of me on the turnpike and just so many gadgets going on its crazy.

I do miss the read privacy shade, anybody have any ideas.

so far a real happy camper
Old 01-13-2012, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the pickup, must of been an awesome ride home. What color combo did you get? Love to see some pics.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

black with the nugget brown interior looks white now with all the salt on the roads that it picked up

thanks
Old 01-13-2012, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blackz06
Congrats on the pickup, must of been an awesome ride home. What color combo did you get? Love to see some pics.
+1 congrats!
Old 01-14-2012, 02:27 AM
LIY
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dougpaper
Just picked my brand new 2012 a6 prestige with innovation and coldweather package yesterday. I flew into new york from pittsburgh and got to drive the car for a good 7 hours on the way home. Being a former A8 owner and my A8 was brand new 2004(with 150,000 miles when i sold it) kept me loyal to the audi brand.

Side warning
heads up display
LED headlights
The whole MMI set up is heads and shoulders above what i had before. While i was at the dealer i debated a demo 2011 A8 and the salespeople(multiple People) talked me out of spending only a few thousand more.

The difference between a older A8 and the new a6 is like the Model T to a modern car. The difference between a 2012 A6 and any other car on the road is staggering.

I had 7 hours to play with settings and cant even scratch the surface, Lights go on outside when someone pulls in front of me on the turnpike and just so many gadgets going on its crazy.

I do miss the read privacy shade, anybody have any ideas.

so far a real happy camper

What lights "go on outside" when someone pulls in front of you on the turnpike? (Are you referring to the Audi "brake guard" feature? If so, the lights light up on your speedometer to warn that you are too close to the vehicle in front).

Very happy to hear that you are enjoying your A6!!

LIY
Old 01-14-2012, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Nothing like a new car...

What's a 'read privacy shade'?
Old 01-14-2012, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

rear shade on the back window, anybody have a solution
Old 01-14-2012, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

rear shade on the back window, anybody have a solution
Wear more clothing?
Very dark tinting?
Old 01-14-2012, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's actually radar and camera-based, not laser! There are two radar sensors in the front bumper, where the fog lights used to be. Behind the rear view mirror is a forward-looking camera as well (iChat above he rain sensor).
Old 01-14-2012, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LIY
What lights "go on outside" when someone pulls in front of you on the turnpike? (Are you referring to the Audi "brake guard" feature? If so, the lights light up on your speedometer to warn that you are too close to the vehicle in front).

Very happy to hear that you are enjoying your A6!!

LIY
Maybe he means side assist. Warning lights in the outside mirror housing turn on if someone is approaching you quickly on an adjacent lane or is in the dead angle.

Or: head up display distance warning for brake guard.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 A6