Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Auxiliary Heating

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auxiliary Heating

ok, i am able to make the menu show up but when i try to go in, it says "the system is currently unavailable". I was able to follow the instruction until this step,

[08 - Auto HVAC]
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 6 change 0 to 1

My screen is different, instead of allowing me to select channel 6, i have a drop down menu with a bunch of features description.

Could it be that or additional hardware is needed?

Old 07-04-2013, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry for off topic but I don't have owner's manual option on top right corner. Is this only for 2013 and newer or I need software update?
Old 07-04-2013, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by qqq1970
Sorry for off topic but I don't have owner's manual option on top right corner. Is this only for 2013 and newer or I need software update?
I believe you have to insert the CD that comes with the car and it will download the owner manual to the HDD in the car in order to have the owner manual in MMI.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Success!! I was able to set timer and turn on the blower.

[08 - Auto HVAC]
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 1 Bit 3 change from 0 to 1

The above step is not needed!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fEArmE
I believe you have to insert the CD that comes with the car and it will download the owner manual to the HDD in the car in order to have the owner manual in MMI.
There is no CD that comes with the car... Any 2012 owner has the CD?
Old 07-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Success!! I was able to set timer and turn on the blower.

[08 - Auto HVAC]
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 1 Bit 3 change from 0 to 1

The above step is not needed!
Don't really understand what you want to achieve?
The Auxiliary heater (9M9) is an Eberspächer (used to be Websto I think) system that burns diesel to create heat. It's controlled either by the extra remote or by MMI. If you don't have the extra heater nothing will happen except you might start the fans and circulate the air.

The Auxiliary Heater option is like $2320 here in Sweden.

If you dont buy the Auxiliary Heater when buying a TDI an electrical heater is installed from factory. This heater cannot be used with a timer, its simply a way of getting heat into the compartment when starting a cold car which would take ages on a diesel.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

I guess the idea is to vent out hot air during the summer.. Temperature inside the car can go as high as 120F in a hot day.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I guess the idea is to vent out hot air during the summer.. Temperature inside the car can go as high as 120F in a hot day.
Well, that might work. I thought you were looking for the heater function. According to the brochure the Auxiliary Heater have two functions, heat in the winter and ventilation in the summer.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

If I understand you correctly, there is a function in my A6 that may possibly be along the lines of what you are trying to accomplish. (It's basically taking advantage of what ever the climate control was doing and continuing to circulate the remaining air that's left in the system).

If I am leaving the car in hot (or cold) outside temps and simply would like to take advantage to circulate the cool (or warm) air remaining, I can do this:

1. Turn off engine
2. Press and hold the left fan button for a few seconds until the preset temp readouts appear
3. Release fan button
4. Wait for a few seconds; the climate fans will then come on and will push cool or warm air through the vents
5. Eventually, the fans will automatically turn off.
Note that this can only work effectively so long as the air temp in the system is cooler (or warmer) than the car's interior. Evetually it's just circulating the temp of the air in and out of the car.

I'm not entirely sure how long the fan(s) run or if it has anything to do with the ambient temp remaining in the system vs. the ambient temp in the car's interior or if it's simply on a timer. I know that I've been gone for 10-15 minutes or so and they were still running.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
If I understand you correctly, there is a function in my A6 that may possibly be along the lines of what you are trying to accomplish. (It's basically taking advantage of what ever the climate control was doing and continuing to circulate the remaining air that's left in the system).

If I am leaving the car in hot (or cold) outside temps and simply would like to take advantage to circulate the cool (or warm) air remaining, I can do this:

1. Turn off engine
2. Press and hold the left fan button for a few seconds until the preset temp readouts appear
3. Release fan button
4. Wait for a few seconds; the climate fans will then come on and will push cool or warm air through the vents
5. Eventually, the fans will automatically turn off.
Note that this can only work effectively so long as the air temp in the system is cooler (or warmer) than the car's interior. Evetually it's just circulating the temp of the air in and out of the car.

I'm not entirely sure how long the fan(s) run or if it has anything to do with the ambient temp remaining in the system vs. the ambient temp in the car's interior or if it's simply on a timer. I know that I've been gone for 10-15 minutes or so and they were still running.
I have a 3 zone air conditioner. Should have bought the prestige with LED headlight

Quick Reply: Auxiliary Heating