Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Black headliner

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Black headliner

Does anyone feel the no charge black headliner makes the interior feel smaller and much darker.?
I have searched on line and can seem to find any good pics. Is it like a leather or velvet? If you have it do you like it?
Old 09-29-2012, 03:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DER KONIG PANZER
Does anyone feel the no charge black headliner makes the interior feel smaller and much darker.?
I have searched on line and can seem to find any good pics. Is it like a leather or velvet? If you have it do you like it?
I have nougat brown interior with a cback headliner , my friend has the same with a gray headliner. Maybe the black seems a bit smaller, but the interior looks great. My friend likes his but has admitted that if he had had the choice he would have gotten the black. It is not leather like, more of a fabric matte. Let me know if you want a picture and I can post later today.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

I also have a Nougat Brown interior with the black headliner. It is fabric, same as the light interior. My old A4 had the light interior. I like the black MUCH better:
  • Will not show dirt like the light headliner - especially around the sun visors
  • It does make the interior feel a little closer, but I actually like that, especially since the A6 interior is as large as it is. It does not feel small at all.
  • It looks "better integrated" to me, especially where the A-pillars meet the dash. It is essentially the same color as the dash (really more of a dark slate, not pure black).
  • An unexpected benefit for me was when driving on bright days I do not squint at all. With my A4, even with the sun visor down, I would sometimes find myself squinting on bright days - very tiring if you are on a long drive.
Net, I would pick it 100 times out of 100 if I had another chance.

jc
Old 09-29-2012, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
I also have a Nougat Brown interior with the black headliner. It is fabric, same as the light interior. My old A4 had the light interior. I like the black MUCH better:
  • Will not show dirt like the light headliner - especially around the sun visors
  • It does make the interior feel a little closer, but I actually like that, especially since the A6 interior is as large as it is. It does not feel small at all.
  • It looks "better integrated" to me, especially where the A-pillars meet the dash. It is essentially the same color as the dash (really more of a dark slate, not pure black).
  • An unexpected benefit for me was when driving on bright days I do not squint at all. With my A4, even with the sun visor down, I would sometimes find myself squinting on bright days - very tiring if you are on a long drive.

jc
If it is not to much of a bother, pics would be great. If I get he deal ism planing on, then I would get black exterior with nougat interior.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DER KONIG PANZER
If it is not to much of a bother, pics would be great. If I get he deal ism planing on, then I would get black exterior with nougat interior.
This is not a perfect picture, but it will give you the idea... Note the similarity between the headliner and dash color.

This one is a little overexposed... its actually darker looking than this, but again you can see how the headliner, a-pillar, and dash all tie together nicely.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Im going to wash/detail the car this morning, if I can get a chance, and find the right light Ill may try to take some additional pictures. I guess Im not the best photographer, but taking pictures of car interiors on a sunny day challenge my skills a bit.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

jc
+1
Old 09-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is not a perfect picture, but it will give you the idea... Note the similarity between the headliner and dash color.

This one is a little overexposed... its actually darker looking than this, but again you can see how the headliner, a-pillar, and dash all tie together nicely.

I have the exact same color combination and love it. Even the dealer said the he was going to start ordering some black headliner cars.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks so much. The interior looks awesome!! That's what I want. Now I just have to get the deal I want.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

The black headliner is fantastic--I refused to even consider cars that didn't have it. The A6 is such a big car that it doesn't feel small with the black headliner, just sporty. Same material as the standard headliner but black.

Quick Reply: Black headliner