Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Checklist before purchasing 2014 A6 TDI...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 06:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checklist before purchasing 2014 A6 TDI...

Hello everyone...due to a new job - which will require both more driving as well as potential client entertainment - I will be selling (or trading) my 2011 A5 cab for a 2014 A6 TDI! I am stoked - the step down from my 2004 S4 cab to the A5 from a performance standpoint was challenging (I tried to tell myself that I needed less car than the S4), but I am ready to step back up to a car with a little get-up-and-go. The car that I am focusing on is relatively stripped down TDI - only the Side Assist/Pre-Sense Rear and Bose system - but that's OK. The car is a CPO with only 10k miles, and it's in-service date (August, 2014) means almost 5 years of warranty coverage...

I am just curious if there are any things that I should make sure the dealer does before I get it. I saw on the forum about the Bose/MMI update (anything better than the 715-2?), as well as the power steering TSB. Are there any other software updates or TSB's that I should have the dealer take care of before I take possession (like any NAV updates)? Are there any chronic issues that forum members have seen that I should check? I don't have the $$$ for a Prestige or a B&O equipped model (and it sounds like - after the 715 firmware update, the Bose is a decent system)...just any suggestions or guidance that the board would have before I take this leap would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2015, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

This is my new car delivery checklist. Most should work for a low mileage CPO as well.
(in no particular order; should be done before signing the purchase agreements)

1. Ensure all options expected or ordered are present on the car, invoice/sales agreement and Moroni label sticker. Carefully check all the financial numbers.
2. Inspect the car carefully inside and out for any damage or obvious cosmetic issues and have the dealer note them on the invoice.
3. Allow the salesperson to walk you through the various features (this gives you a jump start on understanding all the systems).
4. Ensure the dealer activates Sirius radio, Sirius Traffic and Audi Connect/T-Mobile free trials.
5. Ensure the AMI cable is present and if you have an iPhone or 3rd generation iTouch, see if they will swap out the blue grommet AMI cable for the red one for video and album art display; (note that an iPhone 5 will not pass video with AMI cable and Apple adapter).
6. Resist all offers to purchase add-ons at time of purchase (sometimes offered by the finance mgr.) i.e. extended warranties, Audi Care, paint treatments, etc. Despite what may be stated otherwise, you can purchase these later if you are so inclined. (Audi Care is the only one I'll buy at the 15K service; bras, films and other treatments will usually be less expensive from third parties on your own).
7. Ensure you get a full tank of gas.
8. If required, make sure they provide the info to your insurance company and the car has its inspection sticker.
9. Ensure the shipping blocks have been removed.
10. Ensure all keys (incl emergency key), spare, jack, tools, all operating manuals, etc. and all paperwork incl registration are present.
11. Check tire pressures are not set to the max settings on the door label but are set to the manual's recommendations. Don't forget to check the spare tire.
12. Ask if any and all applicable TSBs and software updates have been checked for and applied
13. Bring a camera and take some photos before you drive it off the lot. The car will probably never look better and you'll have a nice record of the experience for later.
14. Do a test drive with the salesperson; check for anything amiss.
15. Have the salesperson introduce you to the service manager. Establishing a good relationship with him will go a long way later.
16. Try not to be too excited before running down the list above.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure the AdBlue tank is filled.

Also, check the glove box for any receipts from body shops for repair. Bought a CPO'd A4 years ago, checked the glove box and viola...rear-ended but still CPO'd.

Otherwise, the TDI's are rock solid. Happy driving!
Old 09-05-2015, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ask for carfax if needed.