Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Motortrend?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motortrend?

Audi A6 places third out of four in a comparison test, check it out. It doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

who came in 1st?
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's Motortrend, they never make sense

C&D and R&T both put the A6/7 ahead of the Lexus recently. Motortrend was the one mag (if I remember correctly) that did not like the new A6 last year. Most of what I've seen shows the A6 ahead of the BMW in driver engagement as well. Creating controversy sells mags.
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
who came in 1st?
Lexus
Old 04-09-2012, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by psychodo
Creating controversy sells mags.
+1
Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It seems the author argued against himself. He knew for all the reasons he stated the A6 was the better choice, but he spent the whole time arguing despite all the plusses for the A6 compared to the competition, he still voted it 3rd.

I wonder if he drove it and should have commented on the driving "feedback" in Dynamic or Sport driving mode? I actually agree with him in Comfort and Auto mode, there is little feedback, and in fact that's why I love the car so much. On the weekends when driving back country roads, I put it in Dynamic / Sport mode and there is more than enough driver feedback.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by McGills
Audi A6 places third out of four in a comparison test, check it out. It doesn't make much sense to me.
Can you paste URL for article as I could not locate it.

I did test drive for GS-350F, nice car but I could not get over its front design. I'm not a track driver but was clear during test drive that Lexus torque comes at higher rpm compared to A6,road noise was more pronounced in Lexus with huge 19inch tires, only Lexus seats were bit nicer and that was it. I think it is Ok to have different opinions with car magazines, but I do not think those results are accurate when you look at overall package offered by A6, I feel it is a clear winner.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

here you go,

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...luxury_sedans/
Old 04-09-2012, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GotZillaR
Motortrend has always bucked the trend and tried to stand out from the norm or consensus. In 2008, when I purchased an Infiniti G37 coupe, Motortrend was the ONLY magazine to rate it over the 335i coupe. I test drove both and the 335i was heads and tails a better car than the G37. I ended up with the G37 as it was still a nice car, had one I wanted on the lot, and got a very good deal on it. I kinda expected this from Motortrend to be honest.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GotZillaR
Thanks!
Lots of conradicting statements in this article showing clearly they want to position GS-350F in first spot mainly they mention:
"Please don't let the looks detract you from buying the Lexus GS, because it's without doubt the best car of these four."
Ok, so we have an issue here, since looks are important but this comment clearly shows there is a problem but still wants people to ignore that? Try to convince that looks are not important on bimmerfest forum.

The comment I really did not like:
"Remember that E60 535i I mentioned, the one we adored and awarded first place in a February 2010 comparison test? Well, this new Lexus GS 350 F Sport reminds us of that car. A lot."

I still own E60 BMW 535i as second car & no way after I completed my test drive I felt GS350 is similar to my E60. Ok, all new generation cars lost steering feel when departing from hydraulic to electrical, but I did not feel nimble feeling in GS as suggested in article. Engine note is louder in GS the obvious reason is that torque comes in at 4800 while in A6 at 2900 so GS engine is louder. In summary everyone can make his own opinion & it will be to owners to find truth & make their own decision with being biased.

Quick Reply: Motortrend?