Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A new A6 has joined the family...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Indeed - it was definitely a sleeper...

Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T
Congrats - sweet car!

I must say that I'm surprised at the choice, given the emphasis you place on canyon-carving. Though the A6 shares that wonderful 3.0T motor, it's nothing like as nimble as the S4, but you know that already. It's always tradeoffs, though, right?

Enjoy!
We have aging relatives for which the S4 backseat was too tight. Ultimately it was a compromise. We still have the RS5 to swap back and forth... very mixed emotions. Erin says she will be fine, but I sense a cheap used MX5 Miata in the future so that Erin has a canyon car. We also have a Superformance Cobra in the family that lives mostly in North Carolina. However, my father-in-law can no longer drive it so it may well spend more time in LA (WooHoo)...
Old 04-30-2017, 12:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canyons

I am in L.A. as well with a 2016 A6 3.0T Sport with same 20" rims (in oolong gray). After years driving my chipped, modded and lowered A3 6-speed manual, the A6 felt like a lumbering execu-cruiser, (which it probably exactly what it was designed as). Anyway, I went down to Eurocode in Torrance and slapped on a set of their sway bars and bushings as well as the Aleu Kreuz torsion stiffener and these mods made a great difference. It still feels big and heavy but it corners flat now and is rock steady and surefooted in a straight line no matter what surface..

What are your favorite canyon areas to cruise for fun? What is your access point to Angeles Crest?
Old 04-30-2017, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thanks for the info at Eurocode...

Originally Posted by lectrolink
I am in L.A. as well with a 2016 A6 3.0T Sport with same 20" rims (in oolong gray). After years driving my chipped, modded and lowered A3 6-speed manual, the A6 felt like a lumbering execu-cruiser, (which it probably exactly what it was designed as). Anyway, I went down to Eurocode in Torrance and slapped on a set of their sway bars and bushings as well as the Aleu Kreuz torsion stiffener and these mods made a great difference. It still feels big and heavy but it corners flat now and is rock steady and surefooted in a straight line no matter what surface..

What are your favorite canyon areas to cruise for fun? What is your access point to Angeles Crest?
Chris has been great - your suggestions were on our lips this weekend as my wife and I took the A6 on its first canyon cruise north of Ojai (Old Rt33, Hudson Ranch Road). We had the RS5 as well for comparison. They sway bars and Aleu Kreuz will sure help. The fast long sweepers were fine, but the transitions from left to right, or right to left corners if they came in succession were an unwelcome surprise. We don't want to make the springs stiffer, just less roll and wallow. The above mentioned modifications will help. I am also likely to do a AWE cutback systems as the A6 is completely silent.

With respect to roads... You should come join us on Sunday mornings; typically Angeles Crest, Los Padres, San Jacintos, or if time is tight The Santa Monica's. Leave early back by noon at the latest. Send me a PM and I can send you the maps I made in PDF form...

Typically, we access Angeles Crest at La Canada and go north until a left at Big Tujunga. Then Right on Forest Highway, left on Aliso Canyon, left on Soledad - through to Santa Clarita - then Little Tujunga Canyon, then left on Foot hill, Left back into Big Tujunga, right at Forest Highway back around to Angeles Crest - then right for the last 9 miles back to La Canada. Breakfast at Crazy Otto's in Atwood or better yet, Sweet Water Grill in Agua Dulce. Be advised that Little Tujunga has remained closed since the fire, but should reopen this spring...

Happy Motoring indeed

Eric
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Angeles Crest Loop.pdf (1.53 MB, 99 views)
Old 05-02-2017, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Congrats! I love the color combo!
Old 05-26-2017, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new ride! How often do you do you do drives around LA?

FYI, if you want to ever run diagnostics on your Audi's or modify any settings, I have a VAGCOM cable

Originally Posted by eric strauss
Our S4 lease was up and after much searching and driving, my wife decided on a Glacier White A6 3.0T with 20" Sport Package, Beige and Brown interior, LED Headlights...

We are committed canyon folks on the weekend and the S4/RS5 combo worked well. However, the leases on new S4's were horrific, no money on the hood for M3's and the Macan had no backseat room. We came very close on a TTs that was such a great lease and would have been a great canyon car, but it would have left us with no real rear seats in any car. We actually came close to getting a leftover Boxster GTS because it was so capable, fun and had a ton of money on the hood... practicality set in and we ended up with the A6. An AWE cat-back system, plus a few chassis tweaks are in the works and we have a great all-around car. My RS5 is nearing its sell-by date, so the Porsche may yet be on the horizon or a new RS5.

I look forward to enjoying the A6 (our third) and to hearing from you all... I have attached a rather crappy image (read boring) of the A6 outside the garage - we got it tinted before we picked it up. I will post better images from our trip to the mountains this weekend... plus one last parting shot of Erin and her S4 from last Sunday on its final canyon run... a quick 100 miles through the Angeles Crest.

Happy Motoring

Eric