Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Suggestions on buying A6

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You didn't say if you took a test drive in the 2.0t car. If you haven't you really need to and find out for yourself if it meets your needs/expectations. Beginning with the 2016 model the car got the 252hp/273 ft. lb. engine (same as in the new gen A4, Q5 etc.). Check it out and see what you think.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

An A6 is a luxury sports sedan. If you don’t get the 3.0T then you don’t have a sports sedan. If you don’t get the Prestige then you don’t have a luxury sedan. If you get the lesser versions then there are plenty of choices of cars. Stating that you have an A6 doesn’t mean you have what the A6 stands for.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:28 PM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
An A6 is a luxury sports sedan. If you don’t get the 3.0T then you don’t have a sports sedan. If you don’t get the Prestige then you don’t have a luxury sedan. If you get the lesser versions then there are plenty of choices of cars. Stating that you have an A6 doesn’t mean you have what the A6 stands for.
Interesting logic. Works for me.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Concur with leaning for the 3.0 supercharged. My wife had the 2.0T in a prior A4 Avant. Loved the look of that wagon (she chose to swap it out for a VW Tiguan??? simply don't understand ladies car choices) but compared to my A6 now, it just didn't have the pop when you wanted it. Also I had a 335i coupe before I moved to the A6 and while that was a very agile car, the 3.0 turbo still didn't have the same immediacy as the supercharged unit.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too test drove an A6 2.0 before purchasing my A6 3.0.

I don't know much about engines, but I do appreciate the power provided by my 3.0. It's still very exciting every time I put it in S mode or Dynamic. So quick, so powerful. It's just simply fun to drive it in S mode on occasions.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

+1 on the s/c 3.0. Feels like a large American V8 to me. The immediacy is nice and it feels effortless.

Best,
Jeff
Old 03-23-2018, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Previous poster........

spoken like a true car fanatic. I too buy my cars for the "immediacy". If I I wanted a staid dull car all about the mileage I'd buy a Camry, if I wanted a staid dull car with four rings of status I'd buy a 2.0 A6.
And yes I've driven the 2.0 so I speak of first hand knowledge. The 3.0 just pushes a different button, if you feel you need to gush all about a 2.0 A6 I hear they come equipped with a nice selection of skirts in the trunk .....standard!
Old 03-24-2018, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

The Prestige trim level truly makes the car.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
This is my logic exactly. I hate when people ask me why I spent so much money on my car when bought something similar for half the price I payed. The base models of all Audi cars are a complete rip off IMO. Why buy a $50k car if it doesn't have all the options of any other lower class $50k car? Why pay $80k for an Audi S6 when you don't get the same recognition as an $80k Corvette? When I buy an Audi, it has to be near fully loaded. This allows me to ask other people who purchased their cars for half the price of mine, if it has this or that. The answer I receive is always, not it doesn't, I didn't know your car could be equipped with that. I don't like to half-*** anything.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by itiongo
This is my logic exactly. I hate when people ask me why I spent so much money on my car when bought something similar for half the price I payed. The base models of all Audi cars are a complete rip off IMO. Why buy a $50k car if it doesn't have all the options of any other lower class $50k car? Why pay $80k for an Audi S6 when you don't get the same recognition as an $80k Corvette? When I buy an Audi, it has to be near fully loaded. This allows me to ask other people who purchased their cars for half the price of mine, if it has this or that. The answer I receive is always, not it doesn't, I didn't know your car could be equipped with that. I don't like to half-*** anything.
I do just have to try to temper your rather 'Juggernaut Split the Atom' type viewpoint by inserting that maybe not everyone wants to or indeed can pay the kind of money you're talking about but if, through a means of choosing a smaller engine or less options still gets a nice car that they alone are very happy in then more power to 'em as far as I'm concerned.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on buying A6