A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Suspension overhaul kits, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension overhaul kits, any suggestions?

Steering feel has been wobbly for awhile, and it has reached the point where the car is now un-driveable over 30 km/hr. I don't remember hitting anything big, but it appears something in the suspension has worn out.

I've heard that if these suspensions, an overhaul of all the control arm links is suggested. Is this true? Is there anyone making good kits then?

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by cutchemist42
Steering feel has been wobbly for awhile, and it has reached the point where the car is now un-driveable over 30 km/hr. I don't remember hitting anything big, but it appears something in the suspension has worn out.

I've heard that if these suspensions, an overhaul of all the control arm links is suggested. Is this true? Is there anyone making good kits then?

Thanks!
Blau sells a pretty good complete Meyle kit...and it's a good price. http://www.blauparts.com/products.asp?cat=2222
I used this on my previous C5 and had no issues with it and other than the pinch bolt the install went fairly easily. I recently purchased the latest control arms for my C6 from RM European and bought LEMFOERDER parts (OEM).
Old 03-12-2014, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99
Blau sells a pretty good complete Meyle kit...and it's a good price. http://www.blauparts.com/products.asp?cat=2222
I used this on my previous C5 and had no issues with it and other than the pinch bolt the install went fairly easily. I recently purchased the latest control arms for my C6 from RM European and bought LEMFOERDER parts (OEM).
I purchased a complete Febi/Bilstein 8 arm Kit from German Auto Parts. Included all hardware. Perfect fit. I Upgraded the tie rod ends to the one used in the S6. They do not have the rubber isolator. Steering response is sharper. Tradeoff is a bit more feedback in the steering wheel. Which is a good thing.
Installed last September along with new Boge gas shocks.
The kit was installed last September. Approx 6k miles later still perfect.
Be certain not to torque mounting bolts until the suspension is placed in curb weight position. If you dont you will tear up the rubber bushings very quickly.
Good luck with the project. It is certainly worth it! .