A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

2007 Audi A6 Driver Side Window One Touch Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2007 Audi A6 Driver Side Window One Touch Not Working

Hi my driver side windows one touch feature is not working at all but all the other three windows one touch works perfectly fine. It was working fine until i had a new battery placed in the car along with some cam shaft and gasket seal maintenance. I don't see why that would affect the window on the driver side and everything else working fine. Car has 101800 Miles on it could the switch be going bad. The window goes down fine if i hold it down and goes up fine if i hold the switch up manually just the automatic one touch feature is not working. If there a way to reset the switch or perhaps diagnose this problem without taking the door panel apart i would greatly appreciate that. Thank you for reading guys.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having the same issue, but in my case my rear passenger switch wasn't working before. I believe the driver side switch has gone bad(had this issue on a Honda front passenger side switch not working. I replaced the switch and still nothing, replaced the driver switch and everything worked).
So you try the other windows to see if they work.

I just want to confirm if it that same issue as my Honda before buy a new switch or something else.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. Open the window fully , when it reaches the bottom release the switch then quickly hold it in the down position again for about 3 seconds. Then immediately shut the window in one operation , again when it reaches the top release it and the hold in up position again for 3 seconds then release. This should reset the one touch. If not replace the switch.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok i did some research and i did not try the reset option you told me there were plenty of other options out there none of them work so i did this i put the driver side window up all the way then disconnected the battery for 5 minutes and put it back on and it is working fine. My mechanic told me that i needed a switch too but i researched online

Originally Posted by gsjohal
Hi. Open the window fully , when it reaches the bottom release the switch then quickly hold it in the down position again for about 3 seconds. Then immediately shut the window in one operation , again when it reaches the top release it and the hold in up position again for 3 seconds then release. This should reset the one touch. If not replace the switch.
Originally Posted by eazy211187
I'm having the same issue, but in my case my rear passenger switch wasn't working before. I believe the driver side switch has gone bad(had this issue on a Honda front passenger side switch not working. I replaced the switch and still nothing, replaced the driver switch and everything worked).
So you try the other windows to see if they work.

I just want to confirm if it that same issue as my Honda before buy a new switch or something else.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

gsjohal , that instruction worked like a charm! The momentary release is a critical step!! I tried without the pause or triggering between the limit travel and the 3-6 second hold and it didn't work. But, once you take the window to the limit.....then release momentarily.....then hold , it worked great. It must register the setting when you trigger the switch at its limit. That momentary release is NECESSARY. (many)Thanks again gs , Stefan
Old 03-21-2018, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default One touch manual programming

Thank you gsjohal, your procedure worked great. The momentary release after the limit travel and programming hold for 3-6 seconds, is the key to this sequence! Thank you, Stefan
Old 03-22-2018, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 329 Likes on 278 Posts

The battery has nothing to do with this. Somebody probably deactivated the one touch function by mishandling the switch.
Gsjohal gave the fix. But you don't have to fully shut or open the window. The position of the glass does not matter.
To activate one-touch, hold the switch up for a few seconds, then release-and-pull-and-release quickly.
To deactivate one-touch, keep the switch down for a few seconds, then release-and-push-and-release quickly.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks Kelisko, that explains how it was deactivated. Sounds like all it would take to deactivate is to have your finger slip off the switch and then resume. Great info., thank you. Stefan
Old 04-03-2018, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just fixed this on my 2010.
I rolled the window all the way down, then all the way up.
I released the switch when it got to the top, then lifted and held the switch in the up position for 1 second, and I heard a little tone.
Then the one touch started working again.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A6 one touch window switch

Thank you so much. Worked a treat after I replaced window regulator.