A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Avant rear window washer leaking on electonics

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Avant rear window washer leaking on electonics

As many others mentioned before the 2006 A6 Avant has issue with the washer tube. I recently notices a few blue stains on the amplifier (the same color as my washer fluid. For now I placed tupperware over the amplifier. There is TBS for this but my car has 110K miles on it. Would dealer still fix it or they will charge crazy price? Is it possible to get the retrofit kit and do it myself based on the TBS explanation? Any other suggestions, experiences, references?
Old 07-15-2012, 11:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 170 Likes on 149 Posts

I recently had my local Audi dealer perform the TSB service (TSB #2013209/1) as a preventative maintenance item for my '06 A6 Avant at my cost. The total labor & parts cost were $243.36, which included a $100 discount coupon from Audi of America for parts. The repair can also be a DIY project. The parts, which are identified in the TSB, may be purchased from an on–line dealer for less than $80. The main reasons I decided to have the dealer do the repair rather than me was the free rental car (dealer coupon), the parts coupon, and not running the risk of breaking some of the plastic clips that secure the panels that need to be removed to access the washer tubing. I'm sure that if you have removed interior panel;s/parts before w/o much trouble, you could implement this TSB also.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by beep-beep
As many others mentioned before the 2006 A6 Avant has issue with the washer tube. I recently notices a few blue stains on the amplifier (the same color as my washer fluid. For now I placed tupperware over the amplifier. There is TBS for this but my car has 110K miles on it. Would dealer still fix it or they will charge crazy price? Is it possible to get the retrofit kit and do it myself based on the TBS explanation? Any other suggestions, experiences, references?
Followed the TBS and took the trim apart just to find out that the hose already retrofitted. Annoyingly Audi dealership did not have this job on their record.

The earlier noticed stains on the BOSE were from recent trip to detailing shop. They shampooed car and some liquid dripped on the amp.
Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2012, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 170 Likes on 149 Posts

Glad that you found out that your Avant was fixed per the TSB w/ having to have the dealer cahrge you, and the blue liquid was a detail shop. When I asked my dealer to check the Audi service records for my Avant, they couldn't verify that the the TSB had been performed (even though my copy of the service records listed SOME of the parts listed in the TSB).
Old 01-31-2014, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys-
Do either of you actually have the TSB that you could hook me up with?
Gary, you mentioned a parts list (at least partial) on a service invoice--would you mind sharing those too (if not on the TSB)?
beep-beep not knowing what an unmodified one looks like-what is the difference? is it the jacket around the rubber (or is it vinyl) tubing?

Maybe I can rest easy with a 10/09 build date, but i'd like to really understand it.

thanks!
Old 02-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A6Gary
I recently had my local Audi dealer perform the TSB service (TSB #2013209/1) as a preventative maintenance item for my '06 A6 Avant at my cost. The total labor & parts cost were $243.36, which included a $100 discount coupon from Audi of America for parts. The repair can also be a DIY project. The parts, which are identified in the TSB, may be purchased from an on–line dealer for less than $80. The main reasons I decided to have the dealer do the repair rather than me was the free rental car (dealer coupon), the parts coupon, and not running the risk of breaking some of the plastic clips that secure the panels that need to be removed to access the washer tubing. I'm sure that if you have removed interior panel;s/parts before w/o much trouble, you could implement this TSB also.
Just took my 06 in as when I lifted the tailgate, orange washer fluid came pouring out from the left hinge area. Brought it in for the TSB but the mech said that the hose had been pinched inside the tailgate. $130 to un-pinch it and I have no clue how that happened.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A-6 Avant rear washer hose failure

I have been bitten by the nasty wipe out your Nav/Audio/Sirius rear window washer hose failure. This should have been a re-call.
Audi service response when I called to schedule appt. was somewhat like a cornered rabid animal. TSBs according to Audi of Conshohocken are simply advisories regarding repairs and are not intended to be issued as notifications to owners regarding known issues and their respective fixes.
I am planning a new purchase in 2015 and have thoroughly enjoyed my '06 A-6 Avant but this service visit influence my future purchase.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I know this thread is from last year but hopefully someone can help me out. I recently replaced my amp due to this exact issue. I'm afraid of either myself or my wife accidentally forgetting and using the rear washer again. Does anyone know of a DIY in existence on how to repair this nonsense? The stealership quoted over $400 to fix this!

Last edited by c@@kiemonsta; 07-31-2015 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by c@@kiemonsta
I know this thread is from last year but hopefully someone can help me out. I recently replaced my amp due to this exact issue. I'm afraid of either myself or my wife accidentally forgetting and using the rear washer again. Does anyone know of a DIY in existence on how to repair this nonsense? The stealership quoted over $400 to fix this!
Audi Workshop Manuals > A6 Quattro Wagon V6-3.2L (BKH) (2006) > Wiper and Washer Systems > Windshield Washer Spray Nozzle > Component Information > Technical Service Bulletins > All Technical Service Bulletins for Windshield Washer Spray Nozzle: > 92
Old 08-01-2015, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks! Also, I just got an '09 Avant. Do you know if they fixed this issue on the C6.5?

Quick Reply: Avant rear window washer leaking on electonics