A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 trim differences

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 12:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A7 trim differences

Hi, still on the hunt for a used A7. I found one that's listed as a Premium Plus but seems like it may be a prestige model and I would like some clarification.

It's a 2013, and from the description and pics looks to have led headlights, ventilated seats, bose speakers, and some other features which I thought only came with prestige models.

I have a 2012 ordering guide which contraindicates that this is a premium plus model but perhaps the 2013s added more option availability to the premium plus line? Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:53 AM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

2013 Order guide says that LED headlight option was only available on Prestige, like 2012. Is the body s-line? It's pretty easy to tell the difference. Bose was an option available on Prem Plus.

2013 Order Guide USA Retail - A7.pdf
Old 07-12-2018, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SpectreGadget
2013 Order guide says that LED headlight option was only available on Prestige, like 2012. Is the body s-line? It's pretty easy to tell the difference. Bose was an option available on Prem Plus.

Attachment 94750
Yep, S-line bumpers but it has the 20in Sport package... . I am waiting on the dealer to email me back a build list/carfax but even looking at all the features they list it seems to be a prestige. I hope it is bc if so I am going to try to get it. The only way it can be premium plus is if someone upgraded to led headlights themselves which I doubt they did. Plus all the other features too
Old 07-12-2018, 06:51 PM
Audi Enthusiast

Plug the VIN in here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/vindecoder.php
Old 07-12-2018, 06:55 PM
Audi Enthusiast

BTW, ventilated seats were standard on prestige, and not available for prem plus. Does it have 4 zone climate? That was only prestige.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may be able to show you the window sticker for your car . . . https://www.carvana.com/research
Old 07-14-2018, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Well it's coming up as a Premium Plus so I guess it must be. The carfax site lists it as such as well (although I did not buy the full report)
Old 07-14-2018, 02:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by orangeokie
This may be able to show you the window sticker for your car . . . https://www.carvana.com/research
I couldn't get the site to work for me for some reason. Here is a link to the vehicle for sale, maybe it's just me misinterpreting the images but does it not appear to be a prestige?
<https://www.rameymotorsga.com/newandusedcars.aspx?clearall=1>
Old 07-14-2018, 06:40 PM
Audi Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chinny570
I couldn't get the site to work for me for some reason. Here is a link to the vehicle for sale, maybe it's just me misinterpreting the images but does it not appear to be a prestige?
<https://www.rameymotorsga.com/newandusedcars.aspx?clearall=1>
Something doesn't add up. According to the pictures, it has the s-line body, 4-zone climate control, and sure looks like LED lights. These were only available with the Prestige level.

When I look up the VIN, it comes up as a premium plus delivered to a dealer in Illinois.

So... something isn't jiving. I found one when I was looking that had a weird combo of options, and found out it was really from Canada. Doesn't look like the case here.

Might be worth a call to the dealer to validate the VIN and what's going on. If it weren't an hour drive, I'd go look at it myself.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Something doesn't add up. According to the pictures, it has the s-line body, 4-zone climate control, and sure looks like LED lights. These were only available with the Prestige level.

When I look up the VIN, it comes up as a premium plus delivered to a dealer in Illinois.

So... something isn't jiving. I found one when I was looking that had a weird combo of options, and found out it was really from Canada. Doesn't look like the case here.

Might be worth a call to the dealer to validate the VIN and what's going on. If it weren't an hour drive, I'd go look at it myself.
Thanks for the confirmation, I was thinking something seems off as well about it. I'll call on Monday when they're open and try to get confirmation.

This whole situation reminds me of another A7 I found a while back in NY that had the wrong Vin. Turned out the dealer was shady and the car had an accident they were trying to hide.

I'll update as I find out more information . Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: A7 trim differences