A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

RO: A7 BiTDI wierd noise

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RO: A7 BiTDI wierd noise

Hello! I've got an A7 3.0 BiTDI from 2014 few months ago i heard an wierd noise comming from the engine bay, the noise can be heard when the car is in Drive or In Reverse On neutral or park no noise . Went to the dealership and told them about this they said to let the car there for tests, after few days they told me that the sound may be from a pulley from the timing chain, I got new timing chain and pulleys after that, the sound was gone for few weeks or probably was less noise cause i didn't heard it after few weeks the sound came back, went back to dealership this time they told me that's the noise from turbo cooling sistem and it's a normal noise , and i was like it can be heard only in D or R not on P or N, personal opinion i think it may be the flywheel dnow ....now Im asking here cause not to sure if this is how it's supose to be..
I uploaded this on youtube, let me know if you guys know about this sound
Old 12-19-2018, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Florin Voiculescu
Hello! I've got an A7 3.0 BiTDI from 2014 few months ago i heard an wierd noise comming from the engine bay, the noise can be heard when the car is in Drive or In Reverse On neutral or park no noise . Went to the dealership and told them about this they said to let the car there for tests, after few days they told me that the sound may be from a pulley from the timing chain, I got new timing chain and pulleys after that, the sound was gone for few weeks or probably was less noise cause i didn't heard it after few weeks the sound came back, went back to dealership this time they told me that's the noise from turbo cooling sistem and it's a normal noise , and i was like it can be heard only in D or R not on P or N, personal opinion i think it may be the flywheel dnow ....now Im asking here cause not to sure if this is how it's supose to be..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y0CDILOWvU
My 2015 A7 TDI certainly doesn't sound like that!
Old 12-19-2018, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by fkaufman
My 2015 A7 TDI certainly doesn't sound like that!
Forgot to mention that the car has 130k or like 80k miles ~
Old 12-01-2019, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Florin Voiculescu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y0CDILOWvU
Hello! Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue. Have a A6 3.0 BiTdi 100k with same engine and exact same noise / same conditions. Sound coming the air filter housing I think?
Thanks.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My 2014 A6 BiTDI doesn't sound this way too. Camshafts maybe?
Old 02-04-2022, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

[QUOTE=Florin Voiculescu;

did you find out what the noise was?? I have same problem and can’t get answers
Old 03-15-2022, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

That my friend sounds like Camshafts are the problem!