A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Emissions scandal

Old 09-26-2015, 01:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emissions scandal

I'm very surprised this isn't being talked about more. I for one have contacted audi UK and logged my complaint, they say they're investigating and will contact me in due course, I'll give them a little time to do so.

I'm also getting legal advice. I'm not going crazy at this moment in time but premature depreciation is guaranteed is it not? I don't look forward to seeing how this unfolds

Amazed
Old 09-26-2015, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Of course VW owners will take hit when they sell their diesel cars. Audi's US sales fell precipitiously back in the late 80s / early 90s based on a fallacious allegation made on 60 minutes. So there will be lots of losses by owners of VWs.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Unless you have a car with the 2.0 TDI I wouldn't expect any drop at all. Despite the issue impacting the A3, the news in the US is very much focused on VW, not Audi or Porsche. Maybe that's different in other countries.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Unless you have a car with the 2.0 TDI I wouldn't expect any drop at all. Despite the issue impacting the A3, the news in the US is very much focused on VW, not Audi or Porsche. Maybe that's different in other countries.
So far it's only the 2 litre engines, what will come to light later on? Faster Depreciation is a certainty, surely. This will take years
Old 09-27-2015, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by lawtq
So far it's only the 2 litre engines, what will come to light later on? Faster Depreciation is a certainty, surely. This will take years
Right, so far. An article late last week indicated the EPA and others were starting to investigate 3.0 TDI engine models. There could be more unpleasantness yet to come.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Right, so far. An article late last week indicated the EPA and others were starting to investigate 3.0 TDI engine models. There could be more unpleasantness yet to come.
Not encouraging for owners of VW, and all its divisions, if they did this what else have they done. It sure appears that plan to deceive and cheat goes to the top, not some engineer in the back room.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm very surprised this isn't being talked about more. I for one have contacted audi UK and logged my complaint, they say they're investigating and will contact me in due course, I'll give them a little time to do so.

I'm also getting legal advice. I'm not going crazy at this moment in time but premature depreciation is guaranteed is it not? I don't look forward to seeing how this unfolds

Amazed
What is your complaint?
Old 09-27-2015, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have a 3.0 TDI and it does regen so not sure the 3.0 TDI will be affected.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Amazed
I don't think you're over-reacting. This will not blow over for VW. The billions lost in profit and future sales will have a trickle down effect across all divisions. Corners will be cut and our precious pipeline of new Audis will no doubt be altered. I'm glad I got mine (gas) when I did. Although we may not see the immediate change in resale value that VW-branded TDIs are experiencing, it's hard to imagine Audi and Porsche will escape unscathed.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jjsC6
What is your complaint?
My complaint was that of premature depreciation due to their lying fraudulent manipulation of results that now make their brand a laughing stock. I wanted them to tell me specifically if my new A7 is involved in any sort of manipulation . It sure doesn't get its stated official mpg, if you lie about nox why not c02 too. As my car is eu6 emissions standard, due to the adblue I'm not sure its involved in the original nox scandal yet.

So mainly fear of serious depreciation, all my jealous friends are now hoping they can pick up an A7 cheap, that must be the normal thought of most who like the car, and as I speak vw admit over 2 million audi cars are involved in this.

And thank you to the poster above, I don't think I'm over reacting at all either. Pissed off! I look at the A7 and still think, damn you're pretty, though lol

Last edited by lawtq; 09-28-2015 at 09:39 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Emissions scandal